Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: eBay: iTunes Gift Cards Selling Above Face, WHY?

Not sure if these are the reasons but maybe:

Eliminates gas to the store
    Eliminates time in line at store
    Card is delivered to your mailbox

It's the easiest way to purchase goods and services without a paper trail. Big brother is always watching.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    It's the easiest way to purchase goods and services without a paper trail. Big brother is always watching.
    Huh?

eBay and PayPal are the biggest paper trails available.

If you want no paper trail, go to Best Buy, pay cash for your gift card.

Trsent, Have you tried to ask one of the sellers why they are asking more that face value on the card? You may be told that it's just to cover the fees/shipping/etc., but maybe the seller can shed some light and say "don't worry, if you do A, B, and C it will only be $$xx".

Considering the risk that any of these cards may be stolen or otherwise no good, I don't see why anyone would even pay full price for them! (for those who question everything, yes I know you can get your money back through paypal if they are not good.......but......paypal will not cover additional expenses of the hassle of being hauled off by loss prevention in front of all of your neighbors or being questioned by the police for an hour before (hopefully) being released).

Also these cards are very popular in money laundering (especially overseas).... but that is one for the police forums, not GUU.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    Trsent, Have you tried to ask one of the sellers why they are asking more that face value on the card? You may be told that it's just to cover the fees/shipping/etc., but maybe the seller can shed some light and say "don't worry, if you do A, B, and C it will only be $$xx".

Considering the risk that any of these cards may be stolen or otherwise no good, I don't see why anyone would even pay full price for them! (for those who question everything, yes I know you can get your money back through paypal if they are not good.......but......paypal will not cover additional expenses of the hassle of being hauled off by loss prevention in front of all of your neighbors or being questioned by the police for an hour before (hopefully) being released).
    No I have not asked any sellers.

I just figured someone would know of a promotion to make it profitable for people to pay over face for a gift card they can buy on the companies web site.

I believe we are missing something - Nothing to do with fees as I have bought gift cards from 70-90% of face on eBay for many, many years. No one is worried about eBay fees if they are selling stolen goods. There is something that we are missing, a promotion that makes it worthwhile for someone to pay over face for a gift card.

I just hope someone comes forward with what it is.

walmart, target, itunes, high end stores, etc have always sold for face value or over, this is not a new thing. i think it has to do with people getting cash back or rewards on their credit card plus people using bing and big crumbs money back programs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cubbs1232 View Post
    walmart, target, itunes, high end stores, etc have always sold for face value or over, this is not a new thing. i think it has to do with people getting cash back or rewards on their credit card plus people using bing and big crumbs money back programs.
    That's what I was asking about.

Do you have a link to the Bing or Big Crumbs promotions? I am not familiar with either anymore.