Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: November Pick-ups

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    I'm glad the referral served you so well. I thought hard about picking up that ball, and honestly hadn't realized it was hit #2600 or I probably would have. At any rate, I'm glad it ended up in good hands. Congratulations!
    You're referral was a blessing. Thanks to you I have my Freddie Freeman and now this Chipper Jones. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by vballGuy View Post
    Pretty awesome pick-up for me, since I'm a huge fan.

1986 Kelly Gruber with 10th anniversary patch removed:
    Nice pickup! Was that from an auction site?
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Finally got my Kolten Wong bat after waiting for 2 months. I was just about to give up on it, when I got it yesterday. Kolten who was the Cardinals 1st round pick lives in my home town. Hopefully I will get a game used bat next season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I picked up the following '96-'97 Game Used/autographed Mario Lemieux Koho stick from my son's hockey team dinner/auction. Luckily, this item was stashed in the back of the room, and not many made it back that far....

First game used hockey stick in the collection.

Mike

That Kolten Wong bat is soooo AWESOME! I have been looking and asking around with no success! My white whale for sure!

I remember seeing Wong play in the Cal Ripken World Series back in '04

He is my favorite player from Hawaii. Such a nice and talented kid. My late father told me about him before he passed away. My Uncle Les Murakami did as well. They said to watch this kid as he will be special. I would LOVE a bat like that!

LOVE IT... lucky I wasnt there. haha.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by mskwarek View Post
    I picked up the following '96-'97 Game Used/autographed Mario Lemieux Koho stick from my son's hockey team dinner/auction. Luckily, this item was stashed in the back of the room, and not many made it back that far....

First game used hockey stick in the collection.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

I was told this Cubs cap was used by Danny Jackson in 1992, but there is no MLB "batterman" on the back and the tags match up with 1989. That makes this cap Calvin Schiraldi's before he got traded to the Padres. Apparently now I'm growing a collection of caps used by pitches that lost important World Series games (my other is Tim Lollar from the 1984 Padres). I didn't bother getting a refund, the price wasn't worth arguing over.

I also picked up these well-worn Padres road pants from 2004, I believe. The original player number was 45 but is "sharpie'd over" since there was no #45. I have no clue who they belonged to.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    Finally got my Kolten Wong bat after waiting for 2 months. I was just about to give up on it, when I got it yesterday. Kolten who was the Cardinals 1st round pick lives in my home town. Hopefully I will get a game used bat next season.

Ricky,

That's a "Wong" time to wait for a bat of his.....lol.....Sorry couldnt resist. Really nice bat!

He's going to be a good player for the Cardinals.

Aloha,
    Bobby