Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

looking for a pete rose gu bat -mizuno 4192

I am interested in purchasing a Pete Rose Game Used Mizuno PR4192 bat. Prefer a bat with ring-taped handle, showing solid game use. A photomatched bat would be ideal. Thank you.

Re: looking for a pete rose gu bat -mizuno 4192

-Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Thank you for the link.

Interesting to see what value the market will place on a Rose "corked" bat.

No problem. There was another one in AmericanMemorabilia's last auction and its now again in this auction. Last time i checked it was around 4k in the last auction. Not sure if it hadn't met reserve or what not but its up for bidding again. Here's the link: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...&t=Open&p=0&s=

I'd love to own a corked Pete Rose Mizuno more so than a non-corked bat, but can't afford it now.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

thanks yet again.
    yes, i agree. i would rather have the corked mizuno, but the cost may be prohibitive.

Banned

Destined to be the best conversation piece in your collection, this late-career gamer exhibits tremendous use, with multitudes of ball marks and checking to the punished grain. The handle has been taped with five rings and a large spiral on the upper handle, each known Rose traits. In fact, the bat appears to be a match to the included cover of the August 19, 1985 Sports Illustrated </B>magazine, signed by Rose with the inscription "To Eric, Take Care of This Bat</B>." We've been informed that "Eric</B>" is Eric Gregg, former National League umpire. Length of thirty-four inches and weight of thirty-two ounces are correct as well. A silver sharpie signature on the barrel completes the package.

Key words highlighted.

Banned

Also, starting from the top down you can compare the distance between the 3rd and 4th ring. The SI pic shows a smaller space between the 3rd and 4th ring then on the actual bat offered by HA. Jut my opinion, curious to see what others say.

I agree, it's most likely not a match. The SI is nothing but a style match really. None the less, awesome bat.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

fyi, I was the previous owner of this bat. Chuck