Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pedroia over Cano for Gold Glove?

Cano has so much better range than Pedroia. Pedroia can't get to half of the balls Cano can get to and has no-where near the arm Cano has. Just another joke of voting like usual. I'm sure they will screw up the MVP and other awards also.

I though Erick Aybar over Asdrubal Cabrera was the real surprise. The Cano thing wasn't that big of a deal because it was close and it seams the Yankees fans cry about awards every year.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    The Cano thing wasn't that big of a deal because it was close and it seams the Yankees fans cry about awards every year.
    Don't the Yankees and their fans cry over everything????
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    How does everyone feel about Parra and Ethier in NL?
    Parra was a bulldog out there in left, this past year. Went for everything, and was consistently amazing, whenever he needed to be. No surprise to me whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    How does everyone feel about Parra and Ethier in NL? Maybin had a great year in the OF and is a centerfielder. McCutchen and Ankiel are real good too.

And I am a Mets fan and I know Jason Bay has been awful at the plate, but he played a great LF this year too. Not saying he deserves a GG, but at least he contributed that to the Mets.
    Slick Rick doesn't play everyday so the chances of him winning are slim-to-none. McCutchen is very overrated as a defensive outfielder. He is above average, but not great and would not be considered one of the three best in the league to win the award. I am very surprised you mentioned Jason Bay. I thought almost the opposite of his fielding. He is not an awful fielder, but he isn't very good. The one thing I like about Bay though is that he does put effort into his game and it shows in the outfield. He isn't afraid to hit the wall, but give him a month to heal if he does.

I mentioned Bay in surprise. I never thought much of his defense, but he did play well this year. By no means a gold glover, but played hard and at least tried to help when his bat was nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Slick Rick doesn't play everyday so the chances of him winning are slim-to-none. McCutchen is very overrated as a defensive outfielder. He is above average, but not great and would not be considered one of the three best in the league to win the award.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but how is 'Cutch overrated as a defensive fielder? Look at the highlight reel catches he made this year for proof, don't take my word for it. I would hardly call him "above average". Many called him the best center-fielder in the game this season, when I watched them on national TV. Also, he was not even nominated for the award, so hard to see how you equate that to be overrated? To be overrated you would have to be a Yankee I thought . Just my two cents, and yes I am a Pirates homer.