Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pedroia over Cano for Gold Glove?

Are you friggin' kidding me?

Re: Pedroia over Cano for Gold Glove?

Thank goodness that Nick Markakis finally won one!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Are you friggin' kidding me?
    Vintage, I know you're a Yankee fan and I'm for the Red Sox, but if you put their highlight reels side by side, Pedroia would win in the field hands down. If you want to talk hitting or MVP candidate, then that's a different argument. Furthermore, a stigma attached to Cano is that he doesn't always make the easy play.

And it's not like Cano is Robbie Alomar where it was a slam dunk he should win. It's close with Pedroia, but I think the voters got it right.

And nice to see Gonzalez win his over Texeira, who is also a great glove.

And I'm not a Red Sox fan...

I hate that it appears that offensive numbers have something to do with gold glove awards.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Vintage, I know you're a Yankee fan and I'm for the Red Sox, but if you put their highlight reels side by side, Pedroia would win in the field hands down. If you want to talk hitting or MVP candidate, then that's a different argument. Furthermore, a stigma attached to Cano is that he doesn't always make the easy play.
    There's no doubt that Pedroia works hard on his defense and is very, very good. Having seen both, I think Cano wins hands down. He looks like a magician out there. I still think they got this one wrong.

A-gone over Tex is a toss up. imho. I think both are good and I'd give the nod to Gonzales without second guessing myself. Cano vs. Pedroia is another matter though.

Banned

Dustin won because he had three less errors albeit in 50 less chances. These things are so subjective alot of times voters decide based on stuff like the number of errors.

Can anyone explain how Sam Fuld was a finalist in AL LF? He only started 68 games in LF... That had me worried that I was going to see another 1988 second base voting result (Frank White had just 4 errors and incredible range and lost to Harold Reynolds with 18 errors). Of course Palmeiro won a GG in 1999 when he only played in 28 games at first base.

Anyhow, I was glad to see that they got that one right... Alex Gordon was a monster in LF this year. I watched about 2/3rd - 3/4th of the season and he was consistent and amazing. Alex made all kinds of incredible catches, he was hard charging, aggressive, and saved the pitchers a lot of runs.

Alex had 20 Outfield Assists (led all OF positions in the majors), second in LF in AL had just 7. All MLB, next was at 12.

Alex only committed 3 errors and I recall at least one of those was a near perfect throw to home, but catcher was out of position and couldnt get a glove on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Since everyone else is pumping their guy...

Here is my shout out to a well deserved win for Matt Wieters...

Great play behind the plate... If he stays behind the plate and healthy, he will win many more GG
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

How does everyone feel about Parra and Ethier in NL? Maybin had a great year in the OF and is a centerfielder. McCutchen and Ankiel are real good too.

And I am a Mets fan and I know Jason Bay has been awful at the plate, but he played a great LF this year too. Not saying he deserves a GG, but at least he contributed that to the Mets.