Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jordan Wore Sand-Knit

Reading this auction description made my teeth hurt:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORD...#ht_2522wt_953

No shorts in this auction, only a Wilson tag. UNC only used Sand-Knit, during MJ's playing days.

Banned

Re: Jordan Wore Sand-Knit

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Reading this auction description made my teeth hurt:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORD...#ht_2522wt_953

No shorts in this auction, only a Wilson tag. UNC only used Sand-Knit, during MJ's playing days.
    I can't wait for him to rotate in new pictures sionce he only gets four.

I can't wait to see photos of the groin linning. Don't forget, once this is sold, it is sold forever.
    These are the wholly grail.

I have saved the text of this listing on my harddrive. It is actually quite entertaining. It would make a great monologue or stand-up routine. I encourage all forum members to read the item description.

Warren,

Those shorts look very familiar... wink, wink. I consigned those, along with a jersey, for a former Tar Heel via AMI in December 2004. There was a number 33 chain stitched in black thread. 8 months later they show up in another auction house with a new chain stitched tag, this one # 23 in Carolina blue. The shorts I consigned were photo matched to the ones in the second auction. I bought a couple of pairs of shorts from this particular Tar Heel for $200 each. Had he known the tag alone was worth $750 I'm sure he would have held out for more money. How do you display the tag from a pair of shorts? It would certainly be the centerpiece of any collection.

These are the tags from my shorts, that I have unfortunately, since sold.
    But this auction in question is for a single Wilson tag. Jim, I hope you have read this auction. Don't make no sense... It didn't sell for 500. So, he raised the price to 750.

Man, I'll never be able to find stuff like was from your Carolina stash. Look at those shorts with the iconic "paw print".

Just think how much I could have got for the drawstring or groin lining.

Bank...