Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How 'bout this Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by apfriz View Post
    Just wanted throw this out there as a 'Keep in mind'
    the site is to help / educate / discuss / game used items....

Original poster was asking for opinions....Dave offered his...didnt see the need to blast him about this report and that offering...He wasnt hired to grade the jersey and come back with his findings, he was simply giving his opinion based on what was before him...

Dave is a great poster and has much to offer with respect to what details to look for and i enjoy reading his thoughts on different topics.

Please keep that in mind before you blast someone and accuse them of
    some 'personal reason' for forming an opinion that may not be to your liking.
    Good point...common sense tells me that when such a long explanation is needed to explain the item, plus a 5 page report, there is some legitimate issues to consider before bidding on this. It is kind of surreal that a jersey can be worth a certain amount, but if Nolan Ryan so much as tried it on in spring training and someone snapped his picture, and he never wore it again, that same jersey will sell for some multiple of that.

Banned

Talking Re: How 'bout this Ryan?

apfriz and Doodles:

Thanks for the support.

Dave Miedema

Re: How 'bout this Ryan?

"the site is to help / educate / discuss / game used items...."

Well said. I hope that my previous post was not misconstrued as anything other than an educational one, as I, too, consider Dave Miedema to be a serious and valuable contributor to the forum and regularly seek his opinion.

Actually I try to follow a very simple objective formula when posting on items where I either have some knowledge, or have researched some pertinent information:

1. don't take sides regarding previous posters;
    2. provide accurate information for collectors to consider; and
    3. prompt them to where they can go if they want to know more.

As an aside, as I have stated many times before, I also consider Dave Grob to be an extremely valuable contributor to the Game Used hobby, and he is high on my list of people to contact when I have questions on jerseys and other items.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com