Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Banned

Re: HOF Veterans Ballot

Don't get too excited these guys have been nominated year after year and not gotten in.

All are retreads, except I don't remember Buzzie being on there before?? I hope he gets in, I have a ball signed by him.

I've said it before, we all have our pet choices for inshrinement: Let's Go Minnie!!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

personally i am hoping Santo gets in although obviously it is too late but the guy seriously deserves it. Gil Hodges as well. Though I am not hopeful on either.

I agree on Santo, but I've given up on him.

Hodges belongs in the Hall of the Really Really Good. (Or even the Hall of the Great, if you will.) But not in the Hall of Fame. He just didn't dominate in any aspect.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I always felt that Jim Kaat belonged next if Bert Blyleven made the Hall of Fame. 283 wins and 16xGG is pretty impressive. With Barry Larkin being most likely the only inductee on the main ballot, I would not be surprised to see someone from the Golden Era list make it.

Banned

Angry Re: HOF Veterans Ballot

I'm hoping for Santo and Hodges, but it'll probably be another year where Joe Morgan and his elitist pals again make sure that no one is enshrined.

Dave Miedema