Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Miami Dolphins jersey

Hello,
    Does anyone know when Miami wore Champion mesh jerseys and were they numerically sized or alpha letters?
    I am thinking early 1980's but any and all help would be deeply appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Re: Miami Dolphins jersey

here is a old auction for a few from the80's looks like they were russel at the time.
    If you are looking at the One on ebay now i dont think it is game used as it was sold prior around oct 24th as a NON worn jersey and it is the same one.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/Lot...100&category=1

good luck.

the one on ebay just sold a couple of weeks ago for 40 and it was listed as a non game worn jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250924310340...9#ht_500wt_937

Was this originally listed as a "non-game used" jersey or simply as a vintage jersey by an unknowing seller? Big difference.

1989.....Hope this Helps?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Mears report actually states the tagging was 1985-1989.

OK, here comes the cat but first I would like to thank Mulligans for the picture.
    It is not something I am chasing on ebay but rather a jersey I have come into of
    #13 MARINO with sewn repairs and a tag that is identical to the one that Mulligans posted up except that it is XL.
    I have not a clue on the value of same or if the repairs are consistent with what was done then.
    Although I will not post on here, I can take photos to anyone interested in seeing those repairs upon receipt of an email sent to me at: llpell@wowway.com
    Thank you.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Larry,

Is it the jersey that was on ebay that ended early? I was watching this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-...item415eb67516

Best,
    Dave

Hello Dave,
    No, it was not. The Marino came in a lot that included two Detroit Lions helmets (one a clear shell), a Michigan Panthers helmet, three Michigan Panther jerseys, a Detroit Drive jersey and helmet, 5 Detroit Lions jerseys, one a durene, a Michigan State helmet, a University of Michigan helmet and jersey and Red Wing jerseys of Probert and Kocur.
    Long time friend looking to hire a coach for his son who has a real future in college wrestling hopefully.
    Larry Pelliccioni

I see the one on ebay has a russel tag. I thought it had a champion tag. I thought that Dolphins wore russell in 85, 86 and then wilson in 89', so may be 87, 88?