Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Disappointed in Pujols...

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    He signs quite often when he is in town to play the Dbacks (usually just 8X10's and baseballs though)

When he was inducted into the Arizona Fall League HoF a few years back he spent about 25 min signing autographs that night before the commencement started.
    That's funny, because when the Cardinals are in Denver, he 'might' sign ONCE at the field and only if your in the front row and getting crushed by everyone trying to get through.

As far as I know though, same thing - NO Bats and NO Jerseys - ONLY Photos and Balls... and only Team Balls or Side Panels at that.

This year, the entire Cardinals team were lousy signers here... even Matt Holliday who still has a large fan base here avoided the autograph areas by leaving in a personal vehicle and not signing at the hotel or out back at the ballpark. He did sign one day at the stadium over the dugout that I know about (I got my AS Jsy and Hat signed there).

Pujols signed one day at the hotel and no more the rest of the trip. Berkman didn't sign at all, neither did Yadi.

LaRussa signed on Sunday in the park and McGwire actually signed a couple of days.

I'm still waiting for RJ Lucas to reveal the site he found the team signed ball on. For all we know, he got the ball signed IP during the series? The picture alone that he provided doesn't prove anything.

Has anyone else found a team WS ball available anywhere (Steiner, Mounted, etc.)?

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    I don't know who to believe in this one. That site has the balls for sale, and this looks like Albert is just asking for his standard autograph fee. I wish I could get $250 to sign my name...

http://www.businessinsider.com/cardi...-money-2011-11
    Slam -

I'm sure that figure is his normal fee if he is doing a Private Signing, but my guess would be that he 'upped the ante' after they won the WS, thus making the ball 'cost prohibitive'.

I'm sorry, I don't care whose on the ball, no modern team WS ball is worth $2,0000.00.

For $2,000.00 I can buy certified VINTAGE WS and Team balls loaded with HOFers on them. Just my .02.

Smitty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Then maybe they think they will sell... what was their $$$ on the preorders?

This information was put out by MLB Network yesterday and has legs on the web, so maybe the preorders will be cancelled. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm just reporting what I heard and read like so many others do on this site...

All the best -

Smitty
    The email was confusing, I went to the site it appears that they are single signed balls signed by select players. They have Frese and Pujols on WS balls. Albert is going for 499 dollars. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.steinersports.com/albert-...-baseball.html

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    The email was confusing, I went to the site it appears that they are single signed balls signed by select players. They have Frese and Pujols on WS balls. Albert is going for 499 dollars. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.steinersports.com/albert-...-baseball.html
    LE -

That's CHEAP. Single signed Pujols WS balls on MLB done through Mounted Memories are $750!!!

- Smitty

I'm still waiting for RJ Lucas to reveal the site he found the team signed ball on. For all we know, he got the ball signed IP during the series? The picture alone that he provided doesn't prove anything.
    http://www.webstore.com/2011-St-Loui...uction_details

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    Guess you heard wrong, huh?
    RJ - just saw your posting for the auction site. And based on the fact you have an auction for ONE ball that someone got signed, I did NOT hear wrong.

What I am talking about is that the StL Cardinals themselves and MLB will NOT be making Team signed WS Balls available in BULK - not a SINGLE ball that someone has up on an auction.

Nowhere on the site you linked does it say that more than ONE ball is available.

Webstore is basically another version of eBay so this does NOT disprove the report.

- Smitty

Hell, even this site doesn't mention if more than ONE is available.

As of right now, a VERIFIABLE StL Cardinals 2011 WS TEAM SIGNED Ball w/ Pujols has not been made available by any of the major distributors:
    • Steiner
    • MLB
    • Mounted Memories

- Smitty

The team ball posted is not authentic. That is not a real Pujols signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey24fan View Post
    The team ball posted is not authentic. That is not a real Pujols signature.
    Griff -

That's kind of my point.

I posted that MLB has announced that NO 2011 Team Signed WS Champion Balls would be made available due to Pujols fee making the ball 'cost prohibitive'.

So far, the only two 'team signed WS balls' to surface are questionable at best and both are on unknown sites.

None of the major players have made a 2011 WS Champion Team Signed ball available for sale...

- Smitty

id be weary of any "team" signed items that arent mlb authenticated, if albert is this uptight about his auto i doubt he'd be signing team signed balls through the back door. both balls here are questionable imo