Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Disappointed in Pujols...

Per various reports on MLB Network, ESPN, etc there will be NO Team Signed World Series Ball made available this year as the fee Pujols was asking to add his signature to the balls would make them cost prohibitive to sell.

This is the crap that torques me off... these guys make MILLIONS and then decide to squeeze out the fans that actually pay their salary due to their own greed.

I only have one question for AP (since he has it stitched into his shoes now) - WWJD?

- Smitty

Re: Disappointed in Pujols...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I only have one question for AP (since he has it stitched into his shoes now) - WWJD?
    Most JC signatures have been proven to be an autopen.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Most JC signatures have been proven to be an autopen.
    Hahaha... that was pretty good...

Unless they're written in red (isn't that supposed to be his 'actual' words)...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Per various reports on MLB Network, ESPN, etc there will be NO Team Signed World Series Ball made available this year as the fee Pujols was asking to add his signature to the balls would make them cost prohibitive to sell.

This is the crap that torques me off... these guys make MILLIONS and then decide to squeeze out the fans that actually pay their salary due to their own greed.

- Smitty
    How much did Pujols want?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    How much did Pujols want?
    That has not been published. Only the comments from the StL Cardinals and MLB that his fee would make the cost of the ball 'cost prohibitive' to consumers.

My guess would be that he is asking somewhere in the $400 - $500 range per ball if it would make the team ball 'cost prohibitive'...

- Smitty

P.S. - this is only a GUESS

Banned

Really? Steiner sent an email last week saying they were taking preorders for one with Albert.

Doesn't surprise me much. If you watch the video of Freese after the walk-off, the fan who caught the ball asked if he could get a team photo signed. Freese replied saying something about Albert not doing it to the fan. Even the pros know he won't sign it seems
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

i never have a problem with anyone cashing in on their name.

And I certainyl think my fandom of the Rays and the small $3,000 I spend a year in merch, game used and tickets "pays" anyone's salary directly. Indirectly yes, but we as the public has accepted and tolerated our own treatment.

No player owes any fan anything in my opinion. Could it be considered rude, i guess by some people's standards.

Also, I also do not think athletes are overpaid AT ALL. Look at the top 700 people in most professions in this country, most of them are all making more than a very good percentage of athletes and can do their jobs for a couple decades. Most pro sports careers (baseball has exceptions) last on the high end 15 years. And athletes also get about 42% taken out of taxes and union fees. No they shouldn't get sympathy really, but keep in mind they are the best at what they do and millions of people have tried their same sport and failed to excel.

Guys like Peyton Manning have almost single handedly doubled the value of the franchise by their play on the field.

What value has Pujols added to St. Louis in general? Do they even make the playoffs without him? Hey, I dislike him as much as anyone, but off the field eh should be able to do what he wants and I am all for anyone cashing in on their own name. It is tough enough to make a dollar as it is, do what you have to do. And yes, he makes millions and blah, blah blah, it is is right to do it, as it is anyones right to dislike it.

Believe me if I was a pro athlete, I would be far worse than the majority of these guys on all levels.

This report is unconfirmed.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Really? Steiner sent an email last week saying they were taking preorders for one with Albert.
    Then maybe they think they will sell... what was their $$$ on the preorders?

This information was put out by MLB Network yesterday and has legs on the web, so maybe the preorders will be cancelled. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm just reporting what I heard and read like so many others do on this site...

All the best -

Smitty