Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Looking for Braves

Thanks. Look forward to meeting you sometime. Maybe I'll catch you over at BP's.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

The Braves stopped using the Arched nameplates in 2005. They began using a standard block font in 2006. Prior to 2006 they only used block lettering for call-ups and players that were traded. Chipper , Andrew and Francoeur never used block lettering in 2005...they all should have arched lettering. You should return them to the braves because those jerseys were not worn by the players in a game. The photos on getty show that they are arched.

-Henry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by radtke View Post
    Why is it in the Game Used Realm everyone is an expert? Why is it that when you have team authentication, a player signed jersey with a photo, and the getty images match, you still run into people stating it's not game used. I realize that the people will always doubt and you should do your homework, but some people post on here as experts of jerseys and have no idea what they are talking about. This is not directed at you Skip.

Radtke I am not a raves Jersey expert nor am I saying your item isnt real. Heres what I am saying the pictures your showing for evidence to prove your point really dont becuz there not matches in anyway to the item your selling - your same you have jersey likeness matches and you dont.

You have team authentication thats great, You have a player signed Jersey thats great, You have matching Getty images - you dont, running into people saying its not game used - i havent seen anyone here say its not game used / just thats its not matching the year you claim it to be from.

As far as your Team Authentication guess what it was made by humans who can error something even as little as a typo on a year. Aplayer signed Jersey with a photo - as we all know Players will sometimes sign anything that doesnt mean its the real or from the year he states. As far as he knows it could be his rookie Jersey but im sure he doesnt keep track of the fonts from what years they come from.

Again I am not saying I am an expert I am just repeating back to you the facts you have given. Which everything is not adding up.

Banned

MVP I disagree with you also you cannot make the claim they were not worn, maybe not in 2005 but the Jersey could have been from 2006 as it does match the exact Jerseys Francouer wore this year.

Here is the correct arched "FRANCOEUR from 2005" from getty:

Here is the correct andruw Jones font from getty:

They could not be from 2006 because they dont have the patch on the sleeve. They should have tagging on the front under the majestic tag as well with the year. He should take them back to the braves and get his money back.

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    The Braves stopped using the Arched nameplates in 2005. They began using a standard block font in 2006. Prior to 2006 they only used block lettering for call-ups and players that were traded. Chipper , Andrew and Francoeur never used block lettering in 2005...they all should have arched lettering. You should return them to the braves because those jerseys were not worn by the players in a game. The photos on getty show that they are arched.

-Henry

Henry,

With all due respect, I think you can look at the image of McCann's jersey #55868469 an 05 White Braves Jersey and see the font and nameplate are IDENTICAL as the White Francoeur jersey we sell on radtkesports.com

Unfortunatley the McCann photo has an ARCHED nameplate and yours are not. Ask anyone on the forum...Here is the photo you are referring to:

Do a search on uniwatchblog.com...paul lukas talks about the lettering.

Rudy:

Can you do some cut and paste with some photos so radtke can see the correct arched lettering on a 2005 Braves Francoeur or Jones jersey next to the incorrect non arched nameplates on radtke sports.

-Henry

Last time I post on this issue. MVP and any other person who says these jerseys are not game worn that were sold by the Braves organization is insinuating that all the Braves game used jerseys that were sold in their last 2 game used jersey sales were not game worn. You have to realize that the Braves sold more than 50 jerseys at each sale. Again, I will stress this issue one more time. MVP unless you are the one manufacturing Braves jerseys and attend every Braves game and take photos of the players in each of their jerseys during every game, you can never make the statement that the jerseys are not game worn because you do not know. Also, the Braves organization to me is much more reputable than a guy who posts on this forum.