Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameused
    • Nov 2005

A.L. & N.L. MVP award

Anybody know when they come out with the winners?

Thanks, Bobby
  • PwKw13
    • Feb 2009

Re: A.L. & N.L. MVP award

Bobby,

I believe the A.L. announcement is on November 21st and the N.L. announcement is on November 22nd.

- Ken

Comment

• gameused
      • Nov 2005

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.....crossing my fingers Jacoby Ellsbury wins the AL MVP.

Best regards,
      Bobby

Comment

• PwKw13
        • Feb 2009

Fantastic all-around year -- He's got a great chance!

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

If he wins just another joke of the MVP award. Several others had better years and actually helped get their team to the post season, not choke. Would be as bad as Dustin winning it several years back.

Comment

• gameused
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by yanks12025
            If he wins just another joke of the MVP award. Several others had better years and actually helped get their team to the post season, not choke. Would be as bad as Dustin winning it several years back.
            Typical statement from a Yankees fan....you guys have an excuse for everything....good luck to your team next year with that overweight/overpaid pitcher C.C. Sabathia that just resigned, the Red Sox have batting practice everytime he starts!

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by gameused
              Typical statement from a Yankees fan....you guys have an excuse for everything....good luck to your team next year with that overweight/overpaid pitcher C.C. Sabathia that just resigned, the Red Sox have batting practice everytime he starts!
              Well typical statement from an arrogant red sox fan. We have batting practice with all your pitchers, so I'm not worried. At least our team made the playoffs instead of choking like yours always does. Our team doesn't disrespect baseball by drinking beer before games. What a franchise you guys are, class act you have there.

Also where did I provided an excuse, it's called look at the facts and see that there were better MVP's than Ellsbury. Only reason you want him to win is all your Ellsbury bats go up in price.

Comment

• AM
                • Sep 2010

I like Cabrera in AL & Kemp or Braun in NL

Comment

• yanks12025
                  • Jan 2006

Also I'm not worried of the red sox next year. You guys are going to have a horrible team and having a new manager won't help.

Comment

• Manram
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by yanks12025
                    Well typical statement from an arrogant red sox fan. We have batting practice with all your pitchers, so I'm not worried. At least our team made the playoffs instead of choking like yours always does. Our team doesn't disrespect baseball by drinking beer before games. What a franchise you guys are, class act you have there.

Also where did I provided an excuse, it's called look at the facts and see that there were better MVP's than Ellsbury. Only reason you want him to win is all your Ellsbury bats go up in price.
                    And you lost in the first round of the playoffs..... clutch

Comment

• yanks12025
                      • Jan 2006

Lets see losing in the first round or choking and not making the playoffs. I think I'd still take losing in the first round compared to choking again. I think it's funny you guys think losing in the first round is worst then having yet another choke in your teams history.

Comment

• AM
                        • Sep 2010

Red Sox were a little snake bit this past year while the Yankees got lucky with Colon, Garcia & Nova.

Another year, another year older for Jeter & ARod. Can't expect another year from Granderson as he has not shown to be that player consistently. Tex will be solid in this lineup from May- Sept. On any other team, his power output wouldn't mean as much given his avg. & OPS. Cano should be terrific again. Outside of CC, where can the Yankees be confident with their staff?

Yankees are not a great team & definitely not built for the playoffs anymore. I know the postseason is unpredictable, but HR happy teams with weak starting pitching rarely win.

Jusy my 2ยข worth less than that...

Comment

• yanks12025
                          • Jan 2006

Why can't Ivan Nova be as good as last year or even Garcia. Referring to nova, superstars have to be born somewhere. So what says he wont be as good as this year next year and many years to come.

Plus the Yankees several young arms that can come up and be good. So I think we're good. Plus when Jeter is done, we have Nunez to take over. Everyone acts like the Yankees are only filled with 35 plus year olds.

Comment

• cjw
                            • Oct 2006

Yanks and Sox both are getting old and suck anyway (as a Jays fan that is tired of seeing his team battling the beasts of the east every year, I have a right to be frustrated.

Jays if they can get some more pitching, Rays and even O's willmset the new tone for the east next season.
                            WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Comment

• AM
                              • Sep 2010

If Toronto was is another division, they'd be a playoff team more often than not

Nova may be good again - and he was good, not great - but my point was, he was unexpected. I don't think you can "rely" on Colon and Garcia.

Nunez?? Really?? When did he become the second coming of Jose Reyes?? Stop overrating your players - see Gardner, etc.

And the Yankee pitchers in the minor leagues may still be another 1-2 years away and Yanks don't have patience for young pitchers that struggle, so you better hope they're good right away

Comment

Working...