anybody else getting fake eBay emails saying watched item re-listed???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LHG39
    • Sep 2006

Re: anybody else getting fake eBay emails saying watched item re-listed???

Yes, I got one of these offeres as well from the "eBay Warehouse" for the 1983 PETE ROSE GAME USED JERSEY SIGNED PHILLIES PSA (220025995636)

They key that it is a spoof is that the URL you are directed to ends in .ro

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
      Tnt I actually have to disagree with you on this one. I will tell you why. Sometimes when I am selling items I will be at my computer to watch people bidding on my stuff ( More so just for fun and curiosity to see what happens ) If a few people bid on an item and it goes up considerably and if I have more than 1 available right after the auction I will send out a second chance notice to hopefull get a second sale.

So if your the person outbid it may seem strange but it could actually just be the seller is right there and saw you were out bid and has more then one available.
      I understand your point -- I have done that before myself... items like McFarlane figures, etc... It's easy to do this when it is possible that the seller may have a duplicate... but I was referring to an antique rug, in a specific condition, with specific defects. There is no way possible that there is an exact duplicate of this item in the world, let alone owned by the same person. Hence, the high bidder would have to have become a "non paying buyer" in record time. That was red flag #1.
      Red flag #2 was placing the cursor over the link to purchase the item and the link was not on the ebay domain.
      Looking for ...
      Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
      Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
      Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Just got a new one today, pretty good looking email...

eBay Unpaid Item Dispute #120034801775 - response required

Dear member,

eBay member rllupu2 (1401) has indicated that they already paid for item #120034801775

Review the submitted details regarding the payment.

Regards,
        eBay International AG

Comment

• trsent
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

The item number in the post above is a real item, but I have no work with the transaction. I believe they were just trying to jack my login information.

Comment

• scottanservitz
            • Nov 2005

I just got my second Relisted items email supposedly from eBay. I've gotten 2 in the last couple days. One set had items I am watching and the second one on items I am not watching. I don't know how they got the items I am watching, but I think if you go on the link and make a bid, (thus giving your login and password), they got you. It is a pretty good looking email, but again, if it doesn't come from the eBay site, it is phony. Again, they even got my watched items right. I forwarded them to eBay at spoof@ebay.com and they are indeed fake. I have to believe they will get an account or two. Let it be known these are indeed BAD, BAD, BAD.
            Scott

Comment

• camarokids
              • Jun 2006

Hi there GUU , I just got another spoof and forwarded it on to ebay . SOME GOOD NEWS though !! Since I started forwarding the spoof emails to ebay , I have only gotten one more spoof email (just 5 minutes ago). So maybe , somebody somewhere is doing something about it . Just letting you all know FYI !
              Thank you,
              David

This is my email address here!
              dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• camarokids
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
                Hi there GUU , I just got another spoof and forwarded it on to ebay . SOME GOOD NEWS though !! Since I started forwarding the spoof emails to ebay , I have only gotten one more spoof email (just 5 minutes ago). So maybe , somebody somewhere is doing something about it . Just letting you all know FYI !
                Since this post above , now the emails I have been getting are the same theme . Watched item has been re-listed (only I never watched the item ,only viewed) and I have been still forwarding to spoof@ebay.com . But the past 3 or 4 emails. Ebay has responded back (received in my ebay, too) stating the emails were sent by ebay in error . Anybody else now getting the same message from ebay ?????? I changed my password to ebay just in case!
                Thank you,
                David

This is my email address here!
                dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

Working...