Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: We ARE State Penn

Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post

Again, Not picking on Penn State, but thise just brings really really bad publicity to the University especially in light of the additional charges of perjury against two major high ranking Penn State officials.

Jeb
    Hey Jeb,

You are correct, and I apologize for not bringing up earlier the University officials that have now been brought in on perjury charges. Repulsive is the only word for it, and it falls well short of expressing how sick this makes actually me feel. As bad as Sandusky is, the true crime would be a cover up that allowed this to go on far longer than it ever should have.

When I first graduated I moved back to State College to live, and one of my first official "real" jobs was teaching art to young children on campus in an after school program sponsored by the University. All of these children in the area idolized Penn State football and the players. Some players like Curtis Enis were kind enough to stop by and spend some time with the class, which made these kids on cloud 9! This was in 1997, so to think a sexual predator like Sandusky was around and lurking with potentially one of the children I taught makes me shaken and disturbed beyond belief.

I and all alums have some real connection to their former school, and this whole event goes beyond what Sandusky did for a living. If the allegations are true, he scarred young men for life. There is nothing that can take that away or make this story have a happy ending. As I stated earlier, it is the WORST crime there is. Period.

Also @ Camerokids, JoePA did not personally witness anything. A grad student was the eyewitness and reported it to Joe, who immediately reported it to Curry (who then apparently withheld the information, hence why he is being now charged with perjury). Now, should he have spoken to Sandusky personally and say "what the he11 was this all about"? Or perhaps followed up with Curry? Of course. No one really knows what happened there, so I am going to let that play out in the legal system. Of course if Joe somehow knew more, than yes his actions were indefensible. But for now that does not seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post

Also @ Camerokids, JoePA did not personally witness anything. A grad student was the eyewitness and reported it to Joe, who immediately reported it to Curry (who then apparently withheld the information, hence why he is being now charged with perjury). Now, should he have spoken to Sandusky personally and say "what the he11 was this all about"? Or perhaps followed up with Curry? Of course. No one really knows what happened there, so I am going to let that play out in the legal system. Of course if Joe somehow knew more, than yes his actions were indefensible. But for now that does not seem to be the case.
    Maybe I misread the article? I thought I read Joe P. witnessed an attach and reported it to Curry. One of these guys should have confronted this POS Sandusky. All of those boys are scarred permanently. I bet the school will be hit with some major lawsuits! Rightfully so!

My wife was born not far from Penn State and her parents as well. She has family in the area.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

What kind of sick jerk sees another sick jerk sexually abusing a child and does nothing?
    Everyone who knew about it, heard about it, and saw it should face criminal charges for not at least calling the police.
    Just because you report the incident to someone else it is still your responsibility as a decent person to follow up and make sure the law was contacted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    Yeah, it's beyond disgusting, and he also has not been a member of the coaching staff since the 1990s. So great play on words there in your title. This sick deviant has also not been part of the school for over 13 years, so way to go after the University. I guess when you a run an otherwise squeaky clean program, people are quick to come out of the wood works and attack when any opportunity presents itself.

Now make no mistake on my position, this is repulsive and unacceptable behavior. If he is found guilty I hope they throw the book at him. There is NO worse crime than pedophilia, IMO. It truly sickens me reading the details in the link below.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ase/51083628/1
    The part is bold made me sick. An otherwise squeaky clean progaram? So all they all did was cover up children getting raped. But otherwise squeaky clean right? Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Right on the money. Since there is no effective treatment for sexual predators, they are right up there with serial killers as the most dangerous of all criminals.
    Agreed. Remember to have your pedophile spayed or neutered.
    What time today will JoePa resign?

Anyone, from the head of security to the janitor, who either witnessed a criminal sexual assault or received an official report of same, and thought that their legal and moral obligation ended with reporting it up the school's chain-of-command, needs to be prosecuted.

This debacle is an extreme example of one of my biggest pet gripes - the attitude of certain school officials, from primary school to university, who seem to think that their campus is a Las Vegas-like environment: What happens here, stays here. I know of incidents ranging from drug possession to sexual assaults that have occurred in high schools, where the teachers and administrators felt that contacting law enforcement was "not necessary"; in many cases, such reporting to outside agencies is even a breach of the school's written rules and policies for employees!

Mike McQueary— now the team’s wide receivers coach—saw on the night of March 1, 2002.
    The grand jury report said McQueary was in the locker room that night to put away some new sneakers when he heard “rhythmic, slapping sounds” and looked into the showers.
    He reportedly saw a naked boy, about 10 years old, with his hands against the wall as Sandusky subjected him to anal sex. McQueary left immediately and first contacted his father before calling Paterno the next morning and then meeting at Paterno’s home.

How could Mike McQueary walk away and abandon that 10 year old boy???!!!! He should have to answer for this. How could you just leave him there!!! Save the kid, you dick.....

As an alumnus this whole situation is disgusting. I don't have any other words to describe this right now...it's all sickening.

[QUOTE=both-teams-played-hard;273390
    What time today will JoePa resign?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Paterno will coach Saturday. I say tomorrow is JoePa's last day.

To clarify, Paterno didn't witness anything, but was told by someone else, then passed that along. It's also true that at the time Sandusky wasn't an employee, so wasn't a part of Paterno's staff or anything.

That's not to defend. If similar situation happened a middle or high school, the offender would be fired, permanently banned from all premises and reported to the police.

I also suspect that if the offender was someone other than a veteran defensive coach known by all, the above (above paragraph) would have happened. If he was a janitor, he would have been fired reported to the police, etc.