Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • godwulf
    • Aug 2007

Re: We ARE State Penn

Anyone, from the head of security to the janitor, who either witnessed a criminal sexual assault or received an official report of same, and thought that their legal and moral obligation ended with reporting it up the school's chain-of-command, needs to be prosecuted.

This debacle is an extreme example of one of my biggest pet gripes - the attitude of certain school officials, from primary school to university, who seem to think that their campus is a Las Vegas-like environment: What happens here, stays here. I know of incidents ranging from drug possession to sexual assaults that have occurred in high schools, where the teachers and administrators felt that contacting law enforcement was "not necessary"; in many cases, such reporting to outside agencies is even a breach of the school's written rules and policies for employees!
    Jeff
    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

Mike McQueary— now the team’s wide receivers coach—saw on the night of March 1, 2002.
      The grand jury report said McQueary was in the locker room that night to put away some new sneakers when he heard “rhythmic, slapping sounds” and looked into the showers.
      He reportedly saw a naked boy, about 10 years old, with his hands against the wall as Sandusky subjected him to anal sex. McQueary left immediately and first contacted his father before calling Paterno the next morning and then meeting at Paterno’s home.

How could Mike McQueary walk away and abandon that 10 year old boy???!!!! He should have to answer for this. How could you just leave him there!!! Save the kid, you dick.....

Comment

• ChuckFoPrez
        • Jun 2007

As an alumnus this whole situation is disgusting. I don't have any other words to describe this right now...it's all sickening.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

[QUOTE=both-teams-played-hard;273390
          What time today will JoePa resign?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Paterno will coach Saturday. I say tomorrow is JoePa's last day.

Comment

• David
            • Sep 2024

To clarify, Paterno didn't witness anything, but was told by someone else, then passed that along. It's also true that at the time Sandusky wasn't an employee, so wasn't a part of Paterno's staff or anything.

That's not to defend. If similar situation happened a middle or high school, the offender would be fired, permanently banned from all premises and reported to the police.

I also suspect that if the offender was someone other than a veteran defensive coach known by all, the above (above paragraph) would have happened. If he was a janitor, he would have been fired reported to the police, etc.

Comment

• ferro39
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by CollectGU
              How could Mike McQueary walk away and abandon that 10 year old boy???!!!! He should have to answer for this. How could you just leave him there!!! Save the kid, you dick.....
              agreed

not to take any attention off of paterno, but most people arent talking about mcqueary. he is the real simp of a person

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                • Aug 2007

Some new folks have come forward, and it looks like sandusky was the defensive coordinator when this took place. If Paterno knew and didnt report it to the police, he should be fired and not given a chance to resign. People that cover for pedophiles should realy look into taking the same exit Hemmingway did.
                Originally posted by David
                To clarify, Paterno didn't witness anything, but was told by someone else, then passed that along. It's also true that at the time Sandusky wasn't an employee, so wasn't a part of Paterno's staff or anything.

That's not to defend. If similar situation happened a middle or high school, the offender would be fired, permanently banned from all premises and reported to the police.

I also suspect that if the offender was someone other than a veteran defensive coach known by all, the above (above paragraph) would have happened. If he was a janitor, he would have been fired reported to the police, etc.
                Baseball do what it do
                -Ron Washington

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                  People that cover for pedophiles should realy look into taking the same exit Hemmingway did.
                  LOL!

Sadly, many people are so scared of coming out against one of their own that they avoid the issue altogether. Whistleblowers tend to take a lot of heat.
                  Les Zukor
                  bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                  Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                  (617) 682-0408

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

i think that all these people should be fired, arrested, charged, tried and jailed. the grad assistant, paterno, the university president and the two ex employees. the only appropriate response when witnessing something like that or being told about it is to call the police immediately and let them sort it all out. telling the next person up the chain or investigating it is absurd.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Anyone who looked at Paterno as some kind of hero just got a huge reality check. And if they still look up to him in any fashion is sick in the head.
                      I don't care how good the man was/is to you, how loved he was/is, how much he loved you......the man failed to protect the most innocent among us.
                      How many more victims were they from 2002 till now that could have been prevented if just one adult did the right thing?

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                        • Nov 2005

Retirement at the end of the season? Bullshit. He should be fired today.

Comment

• 5kRunner
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
                          Retirement at the end of the season? Bullshit. He should be fired today.
                          Agreed. Anyone who knew about this and failed to alert the authorities should be fired. Not at the end of the season, not Friday, IMMEDIATELY!!!

I am not a Penn State alumnus or fan, but I am embarrassed and angry as a parent and human that swift action hasn't taken place.
                          SCOTT
                          scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
                          sigpic

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Papa Joe is running the show. On his terms.

Comment

• David
                              • Sep 2024

I would say if Paterno told the Athletic Director and the AD told the police, then that would be fine. In general, I say as long as someone told the the police. But no one did, which may something about the organization.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

Wouldn't a normal person ask if the person they told if they called the police?
                                This whole thing smells like a huge coverup.

Joe said today that he will do everything he can to help the University after he retires. How about helping the victims?

Comment

Working...