Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: We ARE State Penn

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    How could Mike McQueary walk away and abandon that 10 year old boy???!!!! He should have to answer for this. How could you just leave him there!!! Save the kid, you dick.....
    agreed

not to take any attention off of paterno, but most people arent talking about mcqueary. he is the real simp of a person

Some new folks have come forward, and it looks like sandusky was the defensive coordinator when this took place. If Paterno knew and didnt report it to the police, he should be fired and not given a chance to resign. People that cover for pedophiles should realy look into taking the same exit Hemmingway did.
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    To clarify, Paterno didn't witness anything, but was told by someone else, then passed that along. It's also true that at the time Sandusky wasn't an employee, so wasn't a part of Paterno's staff or anything.

That's not to defend. If similar situation happened a middle or high school, the offender would be fired, permanently banned from all premises and reported to the police.

I also suspect that if the offender was someone other than a veteran defensive coach known by all, the above (above paragraph) would have happened. If he was a janitor, he would have been fired reported to the police, etc.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    People that cover for pedophiles should realy look into taking the same exit Hemmingway did.
    LOL!

Sadly, many people are so scared of coming out against one of their own that they avoid the issue altogether. Whistleblowers tend to take a lot of heat.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

i think that all these people should be fired, arrested, charged, tried and jailed. the grad assistant, paterno, the university president and the two ex employees. the only appropriate response when witnessing something like that or being told about it is to call the police immediately and let them sort it all out. telling the next person up the chain or investigating it is absurd.

Banned

Anyone who looked at Paterno as some kind of hero just got a huge reality check. And if they still look up to him in any fashion is sick in the head.
    I don't care how good the man was/is to you, how loved he was/is, how much he loved you......the man failed to protect the most innocent among us.
    How many more victims were they from 2002 till now that could have been prevented if just one adult did the right thing?

Retirement at the end of the season? Bullshit. He should be fired today.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Retirement at the end of the season? Bullshit. He should be fired today.
    Agreed. Anyone who knew about this and failed to alert the authorities should be fired. Not at the end of the season, not Friday, IMMEDIATELY!!!

I am not a Penn State alumnus or fan, but I am embarrassed and angry as a parent and human that swift action hasn't taken place.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Papa Joe is running the show. On his terms.

I would say if Paterno told the Athletic Director and the AD told the police, then that would be fine. In general, I say as long as someone told the the police. But no one did, which may something about the organization.

Banned

Wouldn't a normal person ask if the person they told if they called the police?
    This whole thing smells like a huge coverup.

Joe said today that he will do everything he can to help the University after he retires. How about helping the victims?