Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: We ARE State Penn

This is a pattern of cover up and Paterno regrets getting caught. He stated he with hindsight he wishes he would have done more, but he had every opportunity to and did not.

Everybody knew what happened in 1998 with Sandusky and he was told not to be showering with boys after that. He was allegedly caught by a university janitor giving oral sex to an underage boy in 2000. Then the incident in 2002 should have been the straw that broke the camel's back. It doesn't matter what details Paterno knew, he was banned from showering with boys and everybody knew that. He continued at that point to be allowed on campus and to work with the Second Mile organization.

There is a pattern of cover up that make you wonder if Penn State really was a clean program or just good at keeping issues in house.

I think JoePa probably retained a lawyer for the impending civil suits he will face for not doing more.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

We WERE Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime8 View Post
    We are upset that this is one situation takes priority over the 60 years of great things, he has done.
    Covering up the rape of a child has many downfalls.

Re: We WERE Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Covering up the rape of a child has many downfalls.
    The police and DA were aware of the situation for over a decade and yet they also allowed Sandusky to continue with these horrible acts. There are many more people who knew what was going no, but Paterno is the scape goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime8 View Post
    The police and DA were aware of the situation for over a decade and yet they also allowed Sandusky to continue with these horrible acts. There are many more people who knew what was going no, but Paterno is the scape goat.
    I apologize. I didn't realize the police knew for over a decade that Sandusky had raped a child. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I apologize. I didn't realize the police knew for over a decade that Sandusky had raped a child. I stand corrected.

Then those police should be charged as well. Anyone who help cover and hush things up for this sicko should be charged.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Then those police should be charged as well. Anyone who help cover and hush things up for this sicko should be charged.
    You are so correct. The DA at the time went missing. The later found his vehicle and his laptop (with the harddrive removed) in the river. After 6 years of him missing, he was pronounced legally dead. A search was done at his home computer and there was a search for how to erase a hard drive. I don't think we know the whole story and I don't think, we ever will.

Banned

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...legal-loophole

"There's no doubt Joe Paterno will be sued and it will be left up to the discovery process to determine his liability," Specter said. "There are a lot of victims who suffered damages, and I expect that some number of defendants will be obligated to pay a lot of money."

Banned

Interesting comments from the hearing about Jerry Sandusky today:

McQueary said he was left with the impression both men took his report seriously. When asked why he didn’t go to police, he referenced Shultz’s position as a vice president at the university who had overseen the campus police

“I thought I was talking to the head of the police, to be frank with you,” he said. “In my mind it was like speaking to a (district attorney). It was someone who police reported to and would know what to do with it.”

Pretty much what I assumed all along. The guy thought he was properly reporting the actions he saw. The guy is now on leave from the Penn State Football program because he stumbled upon witnessing something so horrific and he stated under oath he thought his report was being made to the head of the police.

Pretty sad that this guy's timing may cost him his career. I always felt he thought he had reported it properly. Too bad he didn't know better.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ennstate-abuse