Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: We ARE State Penn

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I'm afraid some do not understand the climate at certain institutions of higher learning. If someone would have reported the charges to the police, the police report would likely have caused a scandal and the person who ratted him out may have had personal and professional consequences. At certain universities, it is not the wrongdoers who are perceived as the problems, but those who squeal on them to the police or to outside authorities. By not reporting it, those involved were likely hoping it would go away. However, these things don't go away; they just get buried until people eventually find out the ugly truth.
    Oh, I understand the climate all right. Like I said, a normal person, not some jerk who believes the institute of higher learning is more important than innocent children.
    I would live on the street and eat dog food before I would allow a child to be raped. Too bad these gentlemen of higher learning don't have morals.
    My grandpa used to tell me that people can be over educated to the point that your common sence is lost.
    I have learned in my life that grandpa was right.

Banned

sense I mean. I am not over educated, obviously.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...8_sandusk.html

And then this story. For those wanting to stone Paterno and PSU administration and certainly they appear to be guilty as sin, this story sure makes sense doesn't it???

Again, this guy should have been locked up in 98. I am not an attorney but it sure seems there was plenty of info. here to keep this guy on the radar and watch this situation with a great deal of interest at the very, very least.

Jeb

Paterno was just fired effective immediately...it was thr right thing to do

I agree!

Banned

Now the NCAA needs to take away all his "victories" that he slept through and return the record to Bryant who actually coached his victories.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    Now the NCAA needs to take away all his "victories" that he slept through and return the record to Bryant who actually coached his victories.
    Since that record was broken 10 years ago, I think that was passed long before he started sleeping through games.

Banned

Yeah, you're probably right.
    I forgot about Bobby Bowden too.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    I forgot about Bobby Bowden too.
    The really really sad part is these guys just seem to never know when to go. First Bowden a couple years ago and now Paterno.

Is it also just coincidence that all of this information comes out literally one week to the day after Paterno wins game #409 to pass Eddie Robinson for the most wins in the history of Division I football?

Maybe, maybe not, but somewhat strange that Paterno wins that game and then all of a sudden a three year investigation wraps up and all of this hits the fan.

Could the PA DA have been sitting on this stuff until that point or is just worked out that way?

I know across PA I am told this question is being raised.