Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: We ARE State Penn

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Funny how the State Pen student body held a candle light vigil last night. Everything for da kids. Is the student body as a group running for public office soon? Do they want your vote? Looks like damage control. Did someone tell them to act like you care about the kids? Or, was this a Vigil for Ole Man Paterno? Maybe an impromptu pep rally? Is there a game today?

WE WERE PENN STATE

I'm sorry. Child rape makes me angry.
    Couldn't of said it better. I guess they forgot that everyone was going to forget their initial reactions to when Joe Pa was terminated. To them, this is all about a game to them, ethics and morals go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Couldn't of said it better. I guess they forgot that everyone was going to forget their initial reactions to when Joe Pa was terminated. To them, this is all about a game to them, ethics and morals go out the window.
    Wasn't Lastings Milledge in some legal trouble in high school in regards to sexual contact with an underage girl? So maybe if you want to support him, you should remember the saying "People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones."

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime8 View Post
    Wasn't Lastings Milledge in some legal trouble in high school in regards to sexual contact with an underage girl? So maybe if you want to support him, you should remember the saying "People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones."
    Was he convicted? Did it go any further than alleged? It was later to be proven that people were trying to tarnish his reputation for the draft. So please, don't bring up something that was never proven to be factual.

Was he convicted? Did it go any further than alleged? It was later to be proven that people were trying to tarnish his reputation for the draft. So please, don't bring up something that was never proven to be factual.
    When was Paterno convicted? He unfortunitly used poor judgement in not pushing the incident, but he didn't do anything ILLEGAL.

When was Paterno convicted? He unfortunitly used poor judgement in not pushing the incident, but he didn't do anything ILLEGAL.
    When did I ever weigh an opinion on Paterno? All I was alluding to was that the Penn State current student body acted too little too late in regards to the vigil, and their actions/reactions towards the situation.

When did I ever weigh an opinion on Paterno? All I was alluding to was that the Penn State current student body acted too little too late in regards to the vigil, and their actions/reactions towards the situation.
    The Penn State student body, alumini, and family are upset with not only for the terrible crime towards the kids, but for the poor portrayal of Paterno from the media and people, who don't know him. Paterno's
    mistake was not knowing the sevarity of the situation and taking more action. We are upset that this is one situation takes priority over the 60 years of great things, he has done. Not to dismiss or put light to the tragedy that happened with the kids, but the tranish to Paterno's legacy is an injustice.

The Penn State student body, alumini, and family are upset with not only for the terrible crime towards the kids, but for the poor portrayal of Paterno from the media and people, who don't know him. Paterno's
    mistake was not knowing the sevarity of the situation and taking more action. We are upset that this is one situation takes priority over the 60 years of great things, he has done. Not to dismiss or put light to the tragedy that happened with the kids, but the tranish to Paterno's legacy is an injustice.
    You are entitled to your feelings and opinions on this matter. Everyone has their own opinion towards the situation and towards the way it was carried out. All I ask, is not to bring up something totally irrelevant and nonsense to this serious situation. C'mon son.

mistake was not knowing the sevarity of the situation and taking more action.
    We are upset that this is one situation takes priority over the 60 years of great things, he has done. Not to dismiss or put light to the tragedy that happened with the kids, but the tranish to Paterno's legacy is an injustice.
    There was/were impropriety's with underage children. The police should have been contacted long ago. He covered up for a friend. Paterno is trying to or has hired a criminal attorney, a good sign he may have something to hide.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Lastings was in high school at the time not a grown adult. If true, at least he chose the right sex to try and have coitus with. He wasn't poking 10 year old boys in the ass, like Sandusky!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

How exactly is everyone supposed to react at this point? It was around this time exactly one week ago that all of these allegations came out against Sandusky. Up until that point in the history of the program Penn State had never been so much as accused of any NCAA violations. The University had earned to that point a stellar reputation for both academics and athletics.

Fast forward not even one week in 2 or 3 days the University President, Head Coach, Athletic Director and Senior VP of Business are all gone. Two of those men Graham Spanier the President and Joe Paterno were to that point among the most respected men in their respective positions in the entire country. The head coach had been employed by the University for 62 years and his former D coordinator of 32 years is now being accused of one of the most serious crimes that anyone could possibly ever be accused of. To boot, to that point, this man was also supposedly among the most respected former assistant coaches and by all accounts had led a stellar off the field life mentoring kids.

To say this is all surreal and worse than the absolutely most horrifc horror movie that anybody could ever imagine is putting it mildly.

I think based upon my conversations this week with approximately 10 PSU alumni that they are simply in complete shock as to how such a horrific tragedy could possibly unfold and happen at their university. To think this through, even the most horrible NCAA violations at any university in history or scandals took months and sometimes years to be uncovered. You never see something come out and the entire university turned upside down with the entire administration and athletic dept. being fired in the course of 3 or 4 days. It is unchartered territory.

Again, this is not to minimize anything regarding this tragedy, but this is not a program that has any history of scandal at all. There has never been even a hint of problems or scandals up at PSU. This is Penn State and nothing like this should happen anywhere much less a place that has built its reputation on honor and integrity. To think that a coach who had worked 62 years in one place could go from being on the verge of nomination for the Presidential Medal of Freedom to fired in the course of 5 days is beyond comprehension.

I just think at this point everyone is so confused and simply does not know what to think or know what is coming next. There is just no strategy you can employ to deal with this, no playbook to look at to determine how to react or what actions should be taken. There has never been anything like this in the history of sports and we can only hope to God there is nothing like this again.

I too agree while this is horrible on every single level I will reserve final judgement on Joe Paterno's legacy until we know more. Was this simply reckless operation and a failure to follow through or was it a complete cover up orchestrated to protect the integrity and ultimately the financial juggarnaut that Penn State athletics is. Joe has absolutely done incredible things in his 62 years at Penn State for not only the University but for the community and the state and the countless student athletes that were entrusted to his care. Lets hope that is not all wiped out by more damning evidence, only time will tell.

Jeb