Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
I'm afraid some do not understand the climate at certain institutions of higher learning. If someone would have reported the charges to the police, the police report would likely have caused a scandal and the person who ratted him out may have had personal and professional consequences. At certain universities, it is not the wrongdoers who are perceived as the problems, but those who squeal on them to the police or to outside authorities. By not reporting it, those involved were likely hoping it would go away. However, these things don't go away; they just get buried until people eventually find out the ugly truth.
Oh, I understand the climate all right. Like I said, a normal person, not some jerk who believes the institute of higher learning is more important than innocent children.
I would live on the street and eat dog food before I would allow a child to be raped. Too bad these gentlemen of higher learning don't have morals.
My grandpa used to tell me that people can be over educated to the point that your common sence is lost.
I have learned in my life that grandpa was right.