Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bryce Harper MLB Auctions

Are you kidding me with this Bryce Harper GU jersey right now!? $2,491.00 and still has 6 days lsft. This kid hasnt proved anything in my opinion. What is the true worth of that jersey? What is the worth of that jersey in 5 or 10 years?

I want to see him succeed but he has a long road to go............. am i missing something here?

Re: Bryce Harper MLB Auctions

You make good points. I wonder what kind of success Harper would have to have to sustain these prices. Albert Pujols-like achievements? Even being a regular star would drop the value of such items. I remember when Harper's ASG Futures hat commanded a grand. All for a barely used hat.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Yeah, that's a lot to pay for a Kevin Maas jersey. lol

Even if he becomes an "average" star, say matt holliday, it's still insane to buy his stuff at these prices.

chances of him becoming Pujols or Griffey= 1 in 1,000,000

chances of him becoming Holliday= 1 in 500

chances of him becoming Corey Hart= 1 in 50

chances of him becoming Rob Deer= 1 in 10

chances of him becoming Kevin Maas 1 in 3

Quote Originally Posted by asr1084 View Post
    Are you kidding me with this Bryce Harper GU jersey right now!? $2,491.00 and still has 6 days lsft. This kid hasnt proved anything in my opinion. What is the true worth of that jersey? What is the worth of that jersey in 5 or 10 years?

I want to see him succeed but he has a long road to go............. am i missing something here?

I'd rather have an once and a half of gold for that much $$.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrewSackers View Post
    chances of him becoming Pujols or Griffey= 1 in 1,000,000
    Reminded me of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Although I do believe the prices on his stuff are ridiculous his potential is extremely high. How many players do you know that could leave high school after his sophomore year and put up those numbers in junior college with a wood bat nonetheless? Not any other player anywhere

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by asr1084 View Post

The true worth is what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'm taking that prospecting isn't as big with memorabilia collecting as it is with card collecting? I haven't been in tune with baseball since the 90's strike, but isn't Harper suppose to be the next BIG THING? I remember Maas. There was so much hype around him b/c he played for the Yankees and he had that nice tear and the end of the season. I also remember guys like Griffey and A-rod when they first came out. Bryce is closer to both latters in terms of being a sure thing right now and has been consistently doing well since high school. Some people have the means to spend. If it's a true Harper fan, more power to him/her! If it's someone who just want to turn it around for a potential investment then I see what the fuss is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by project 4 View Post
    I'm taking that prospecting isn't as big with memorabilia collecting as it is with card collecting? I haven't been in tune with baseball since the 90's strike, but isn't Harper suppose to be the next BIG THING? I remember Maas. There was so much hype around him b/c he played for the Yankees and he had that nice tear and the end of the season. I also remember guys like Griffey and A-rod when they first came out. Bryce is closer to both latters in terms of being a sure thing right now and has been consistently doing well since high school. Some people have the means to spend. If it's a true Harper fan, more power to him/her! If it's someone who just want to turn it around for a potential investment then I see what the fuss is all about.

Yeah he did very well in Double A. Batting .256 with 3 home-runs.

I noticed the other day that a memorabilia store inside the mall at Planet Hollywood (Las Vegas) had some Harper items. Batting gloves and I believe a bat. The asking price on one batting glove was $500.