Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Randy Moss Patriots

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Randy-M...item415f28e263

I am in no way an expert on jerseys and can only afford to collect the cheaper jersey of the Pats. My question is: All I hear is that Patriots jerseys rarely leave the Pat's locker room unless the NFL Auctions makes them do it.

I even heard that Brady got in to some trouble for giving his game jersey to Jim Kelly. So what are the chances this jersey is real?

Re: Randy Moss Patriots

This seller is one of the best in the hobby...it's the real thing.

Isn't JO Sports one of the "6" mentioned in other threads?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    Isn't JO Sports one of the "6" mentioned in other threads?
    Yes they are I would personally stay away from anything JO. But maybe you can photomatch it

This jersey is owned by a fellow forum member and a very reputable person. I have purchased a high end 49er gamer from him and could not be happier.

That being said the jersey listed on ebay, to me, does NOT match up with the game image also posted in the listing. The NFL shield is clearly not in the same location in both images. In the game photo, the shield is sewn ON the horizontal chest seam whereas in the jersey images it is sewn ABOVE the seam. There also appears to be another seam running down from the NFL shield to the horizontal chest seam in the jersey images, that is NOT present in the game photo.

The collar also appears to be somewhat different in the 2 photos, with the game photo having a blue border completely surrounding it. The shield in the jersey images does not have a blue border completely surrounding it.

The ebay auction does not state that the game photo is a photo-match to the jersey images. The game photo may be posted as a style match.

This exact issue came up with a Tom Brady gamer that was auctioned by NFL Auctions, a few years ago. The NFL shield position did not match the shield position in the game that the jersey was supposedly worn. NFL auctions removed the jersey and it was then worn by Brady, a few weeks later and re-auctioned.

I am sure that an email to the seller will elicit an appropriate response. he may address any and all issues in this thread.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

the seller has one of the best football collections out there. i have dealt with him great guy. just because it is from jo does not make it suspect. i believe jo originally got it from moss. if i didnt already have a moss id be in on this one.

Hey guys.......I may have just inadvertently posted the wrong photo...I have hundreds of images from that season and remember doing quite a bit of research before I purchased the jersey......let me look into it and check back in later.

Thanks...Jeff

Also....I will take it offline until I get a chance to look into it....gotta work my real job now.

It looks like I may have inadvertently posted the image from the 8-28-09 game when it should have been the 8-13-09 game.....Thanks for catching that for me..... If you have any other questions on it or if you have any interest in it feel free to email me directly....Thanks.....Jeff

JC@NewEnglandRealty.Net