Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

MLB All-Star workout jerseys

So hunt auction ( http://www.huntauctions.com/live/ima...m=80&lot_qual= ), has this Victorino All- Star signed work out jersey listed in the LVS auction, ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-S...#ht_500wt_1413 )has swatch cards with these jersey pieces and I owned and sold one also. (And sure the owner still has it.)

My point being is that the one in hunt auction is a signed issued jersey, that was never used. This issue has bin discussed before, so if you bidding on hunts auction tonight, do a search and know what your buying.

The one I sold was listed listed as game used, By MLB.com

Hologram number FJ742256 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
    Session Product Description:
    Session Name: 2011 ALL-STAR GAME WORKOUT DAY AND HOME RUN DERBY
    Session Date: July 11, 2011
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: SHANE VICTORINO #8

So what is this eBay one?

Re: MLB All-Star workout jerseys

Luckily the 2011 All Star BP jerseys are able to be photomatched with the unique designs. That would be the best method to determine which are used and which are issued if anything questionable comes up

I've got one of the All-Star Game jerseys as well, and I purchased it directly from the Highland Mint. I've always just assumed that any of the jersey cards out there are fakes, unless they wear different jerseys on different days. I'd trust my hologram over a card company at this point. But if I'm wrong...I'd be pretty angry about it.

I think the players are issued multiple jerseys since the festivities are multiple days. They most likely wear one jersey while watching/participating in the home run derby and then a different jersey in BP the day of the game.

I'm pretty sure they wore different jerseys for both days. Also, the pattern on the letters is not really unique. If you look at two different American/National league jerseys the pattern is the same. The same goes for the numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    I'm pretty sure they wore different jerseys for both days. Also, the pattern on the letters is not really unique. If you look at two different American/National league jerseys the pattern is the same. The same goes for the numbering.
    Actually your wrong... the patterns are unique

Here is a picture of the Hunt Auction Wieters Jersey and the one I got and photomatched to the HR Derby workout day...

Also if you look at the jersey David Ortiz is wearing and compare the 3 on his jersey to the 3 of my Wieters... definately different. If all the patterns were the same you could say all the 2's, 3's, and 4's, etc should be the same and they are clearly not

I think the jerseys are just close enough to fool you, but there are small differences.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Sorry... I tired to quote and screwed it up... we really should have an edit feature... but you guys get the point
    Bert
    ---------------

shoremen44@gmail.com

OK, I guess I was wrong. I guess I was going by the American/National on the front. When I was trying to photmatch the fielder I had, I compared it to a high res pic of Jose Reyes and the pattern in the "National" lettering looked exactly the same. My Pic isn't as high res as yours, so it looses the detail. You can kinda see what I was referring to.

They are damn near spot on...

but even with the resolution difference you can find some very slight differences...

from right to left...

the Avila's I is slightly more centered than the Wieters

on the C's... look at the inside corner of the C's and the little mountain looking print... on the Avila it is more left and completes the line... on the Wieters it is slightly right and the line is cut off by the corner of the C

on the A's... again the first example at the top left of the A... the Wieters is a hair more right... and the line on the left of the A... the Wieters seems to be lower than the Avila

Like I said before... the jerseys are Damn close... and some of the letters look exact... but there are very slight differences.
    Bert
    ---------------

shoremen44@gmail.com