Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wilson Ramos is Safe!

One of the players I have a marketing/memorabilia game used deal with is Wilson Ramos who was kidnapped on Wednesday from his family home in Venezuela. It has been a surreal 51+ hours with many ups and downs and mostly bad information passed. Last night Wilson was rescued like a scene out of a Hollywood movie. A 15 minute gun battle to free him in the mountains of Venezuela.

On Thursday, the networks were scurrying for information on Wilson and it seemed, the team, the players, etc. weren't giving formal interviews. So as they digged for a story I started to getting contacted by the Networks. I turned down all interview requests except to say in my written statement "A good person who does charity work, good to kids, and signs autographs for fans" I put together some of my YouTube videos and photos of him. I told one reporter, "I'm not looking for my 15 minutes of fame on the backside of a family's living hell"

Here is the piece Diane Sawyer did on ABC on Thursday with some of my video and photos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMLc_wPQGHU

On Thursday, my email and voicemail was also flooded with calls from dealers and wholesalers and collectors clamoring for Ramos product. The baseballs that have been on eBay for months and sold a few a month due to the fact that he is one of the best catcher's in the league, sold over a dozen on Thursday. Game used bats sold too. You could also see the fakes pop up on eBay by those trying to cash in. Now that he was found alive, all fairly quiet on sales today. Someone did Best Offer me 6 bats for $20 each.....

Quite the world we live in.

Name:  Marquis_Ramos_Sm.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  381.5 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: Wilson Ramos is Safe!

Glad he is safe now; what a scary story. Cool pic that you posted.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

very happy Wilson Ramos is back home safe!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

I kept checking every hour for updates. I was glad to hear he was found. When I saw the bat listing I wanted to buy another one, but figured I would leave the supply for those who wanted to buy in on the drama.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Thanks to the many of you who were in contact with me over the past few days on your concerns on Wilson.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Quite the world we live in.
    Quite they world they live in, in Venuzuela. Kidnappings are quite common there. Instead of working for a living, lets kidnap rich people and their families!

Posted on 11/9/11 by Kylehess....

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=47132
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Quite they world they live in, in Venuzuela. Kidnappings are quite common there. Instead of working for a living, lets kidnap rich people and their families!

an over-generalization. just like any country kidnappers are a small, small fraction of the population. most Venezuelan people work or try to work for an honest living. try traveling to most developing country a little and you will learn more about what a great country we live in, where poverty is assisted by government programs, slowing desperation for those who are unemployed and where organized crime is thwarted by the police.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post

Hello the Wilson Ramos case was very sad , i Live in Caracas venezuela and is true the kidnappings are common here, but i will never change my country for another country

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    an over-generalization. just like any country kidnappers are a small, small fraction of the population. most Venezuelan people work or try to work for an honest living. try traveling to most developing country a little and you will learn more about what a great country we live in, where poverty is assisted by government programs, slowing desperation for those who are unemployed and where organized crime is thwarted by the police.
    Not an over generalization at all. I am referring to the people doing the kidnapping that are not out working a real job.
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    try traveling to most developing country a little and you will learn more about what a great country we live in, where poverty is assisted by government programs, slowing desperation for those who are unemployed and where organized crime is thwarted by the police.

I don't need anyone to remind about America and how lucky we are to live where we do.
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com