Good points, but I am not talking about what the current market bears. That is always going to be skewed by the current player's popularity or team he plays for (e.g., Nick Swisher - seriously?). Just because someone pays $$ for something, doesn't necessarily mean that paying that same price or something viewed as reasonable for another item that it was a good price. Why SHOULD a Hamilton bat or glove sell for $1000, $2000+? Because it can... that can't be a reason.

Hamilton is a terrific player, don't get me wrong. However, what happens is then people pay these prices now and then later when they're selling them, assuming Hamilton's value as a player hasn't changed, or potentially goes down, they try to recoup their investment and they can't because it's "Hamilton who?" and they get offers for less than half of what they paid. Why does an Eric Davis glove currently on eBay have a $2500 asking price?

But if you're a Hamilton fan and you really want something, then all the best to you and collect as freely as you wish. These are just my thoughts and not worth much to begin with.