Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NBA Showoff Thread!

1979/1980 Road Jamaal Wilkes shirt..the NOB slant crooked pattern looks similar to shown getty photo from that years NBA finals..but who knows unless you have a high res pic... also shown with 1984/85 Home shirt
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by babyan5411 View Post
    Finally got my holy piece,Ray Allen HWC gamer
    absolutely incredible! thank you for sharing.

some new stuff for me:

(Drexler tag)

and my favorite recently:

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Banned

hey cammy... how did you get a drexler with 2010/2011 official gamer tagging?.. is there another player named with same name and number on houston?

mickeymbz- What can one say?!!! You are the man when it comes to Lakers gamers! Keep em coming. It is so nice to see someone who is dedicated to consistently improving their collection and not with just stars. To me half the fun is finding jerseys from the non starters or just players you really like.

My 49er collection includes all 4 styles that Bryant Young wore in 1994-home and away non-throwback and home/away throwback. For me acquiring all 4 styles was an important goal that makes my collection more special. Finding all four shirts was not easy as he only wore the away non-throwback in ONE game (vs. KC and Joe Montana).

I know that for us both perseverance, some luck and being a good customer that does their homework, has really helped both of our collections grow. Of course we both like a bargain now and then but when it comes to the real deal we pony up the big $$$ when we have to. Thankfully many commons are somewhat less expensive although they can be much harder to find!

I am also quite pleased to see someone who continually posts what they acquire. It is such a shame that there are so many really great collections out there that no one ever sees!

I think it is important that we share what we are passionate about. First it can educate fellow collectors in what to look for and how to evaluate potential purchases. Also knowing what authentic gamers look like is important to help weed out the ever increasing bogus # of jerseys out there. I think that, although images of authentic gamers can help forgers, it is more important in the fight against crooks.

I applaud you for posting your Lakers collection and always enjoy looking at the different styles and changes over the years. Now you need to get your hands on some old Laker DVDs and start photo-matching those great shirts.

Keep em coming!!!

Best
    Paul

Always buying 49ers gamers!
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

mickeymbz:

The Tiernan Lakers attire is always fun to see...keep posting 'em!

Dave Miedema

Last one.

Great pick up!!! So jealous!! Thank you for sharing!!!

[/quote]

Banned

Thanks Paul... Actually i've truley went hard after commom players after i noticed your threads/posts of your great collection of 49'ers shirts. too many collectors concentrate only on major stars, which i feel is overkill sometimes... but thats my opinion. many collectors base their collection on a singular player... but after confering with you a few times, ive come to an agreement that common players solidfies a collection. the major problem with trying to attain these commons,especially vintage, they are basically non-existant... nobody had interest in them. so your right, finding that common player is a great find! as far as photomatching to video ,,, impossible..those old clips are grainy as hell.