Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Peyton Manning Cleats in SCP Auctions

I guess its possible that players wear more than one pairs of shoes in a game, or something.. But these cleats don't look like a match to me. It looks like they are the same style, just that the SCP Auction cleats are a white on black style. And the ones Brady's wearing seem to be a black on black style with white outlines... Just wanted to see what the opinions on these are. Thanks.

http://www.scpauctions.com/LotDetail...OOTBALL-CLEATS
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Peyton Manning Cleats in SCP Auctions

Yes, I did say the one's "Brady" is wearing, can you edit posts...

They definately do not look the same.

Just took a quick look through Getty Images and even on media day and such he is wearing cleats identical to the ones in the pictures below, NOT the SCP ones.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

That's silly......just because he signed them Super Bowl MVP does not mean that they were worn in the Super Bowl.....These guys should certainly know that??

I have a Manning Jersey that says the same thing and I'm fairly certain that he didnt wear it in the Super Bowl!

Banned

This has to be one of the worst described auctions I have ever seen. The listing states the item is pre-certified by PSA rising the question pre-certified as to what? The signature or the game use or both? PSA would not certify cleats as game used unless they were from NFL Auctions if that were the case this information should be in the listing as well as the COA number so bidders can verify it with PSA. As for authenticity. If the cleats do not come with an NFL Auctions/PSA COA, Steiner COA, UDA or Manning Foundation COA they are unlikely to be legitimate game used cleats as the only legit Manning game used items on the market originated with one of those sources. Again this information should be in the description. The signature is legit but as we all know that does not make the item legit.As for the claim they are Super Bowl game used that is patently absurd. They clearly do not match the pics of Peyton's cleats from that game and the inscription does not say "Super Bowl Used" it notates a career achievement. I once owned a ball that was used in a random Cardinals regular season game that Kurt Warner signed Super Bowl MVP on for me and that ball was not used in the Super Bowl the inscription referred to.