Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you were gonna sell it all?

Which auction house would you contact? I am thinking of selling my rangers collection and was wanting some of your guys advice on which auction house to contact. What is the typical juice they charge. Would i be better off listing everything on ebay?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Re: If you were gonna sell it all?

Josh - I don't know much about auction houses, but speaking as a collector, I would sell things individually. Many people are not in a position to buy a whole lot, so that might drive down the number of people interested. For example, someone who wants a Hamilton bat may not be interested in the pair of cleats, so you are turning away that potential buyer. I can't speak about fees, but I think you'd be looking at a wider audience selling on eBay. I personally check eBay first. Only later do I look at auction houses. Other thoughts?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

First question is what are you selling? If you have high end stuff use an auction house. For baseball its tricky. Grey Flannel is the go to auction for basketball and football but I don't know how their baseball stuff does. Lelands seems to always have a good baseball selection. Most charge you between 15 and 20% depending on a variety of factors. For the cheaper stuff use Ebay or the classifieds here. I agree that individually is better. Alot of collector's don't collect a team but collect players and that way they will bid on your stuff. If you sell the whole thing as one lot it will discourage bidders. Personally I collect NFL stuff but only one jersey per player no specific team. If a jersey I wanted was bundled with alot of stuff i didn't want I wouldn't bid unless it was something impossible to find that I had to have. Also you might want to talk to Barry Meisel he sold Rangers stuff for awhile a few years ago maube he would sell it on consignment for you.

Its the rangers, so i realy wouldnt consider many of the items to be too high end.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

legal, not sure who barry meisel is?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

If you can send me a list, I'd be happy to take some of those things off your hands and save you the trouble.

Especially Hamilton and Kinsler.

God Bless
    Joe
    NCBADGES@embarqmail.com
    ------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

I would be interested in any Hamilton items - please let me know what you have available.
    Anthonylong31@hotmail.com
    Thanks

I'd look at Robert Edwards Auctions for anything you consider high end like Rangers World Series items you might have. They have one auction per year sometime in the spring.

As many on here know, 8D Auctions is affiliated with the founder of GUU. Here is a link to an article about our upcoming auction:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.co...76-alcs-jersey

Notably, we plan to do 4 major auctions a year and would be happy to represent any items from forum members. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached at 925-399-6263 Ed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    legal, not sure who barry meisel is?
    He is the guy that runs MEIGRAY he posts on here from time to time. I noticed on their website that they have stuff for sale that is designated as on consignment and I am sure their site gets high traffic.