Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
Where is the Clemens jersey mentioned as being "game issued" as you asked in quotes? I just looked at the auction and since you used quotes, please explain what you were quoting as it was never used in those terms.

Even if it was, what "game issued" means to you and what it means to others is a different story. "Game issued" can mean game ready, but who decided that a "game issued" jersey had to hang in the locker room? It has been debated on these forums time and time again. There is no concrete terminology on this forum or in eBay's rules about what these terms really mean.

"Pro-cut" and "Un-used game" are similar terms, but if you are bidding on this item, wouldn't you ask questions of the seller in advance of if this item was ever in the team's possession before bidding? Then again, don't you think a seller would tell you if the item came right from the team to attract a higher ending price?

Did you email the seller and ask your questions before posting your questions on the forum?
Joel,

I think you're getting your forum rules mixed up. Andrew never said the jersey was bad. In fact, he stated that the jerseys were "perfectly tagged 'unused' jerseys." He is curious as to how and where someone can get Yankees superstar jerseys outside of Steiner. Are you suggesting that he really should have contacted Mitch to ask him this? First of all, that would be silly. Second of all, that may be construed as an inappropriate usage of the eBay messaging system (as it could be interpreted as solicitation for outside business).

Lastly, Andrew put "un-used" in quotes with reference to Mitch's jerseys (which you did, yourself - see your post at 4:16pm today) and not "game issued" as you stated he did. He used "game issued" in quotes in a later post in the context of a general discussion about game issued jerseys being sold as game issued as opposed to game worn.

Not that I'm trying to end this discussion, but Eric asked us to stick to the focus of the thread. We should all agree to follow this suggestion.

Reid