Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New Uni's for 2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    They are celebrating their 51st year by moving to the AL West; the move should happen in 2013. I've heard the rumors be substantiated. The only good thing about that is that I live in Seattle and will be able to see the 'Stros play much more often.
    Here's the article from MLB.com:

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/a...2182-233434004.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I've been an Astros fan since the 80's. When I moved to Arlington I stopped watching them except for when they went to the playoffs. I always thought it would be great if they could be in the same division as the Rangers and now it's going to finally happen. None of the traditionalist are going to really like it but I think it will be a great rivalry. Was a huge Bagwell and Griffey fan in the 90's and collected their stuff (mostly mags and cards). Too bad Griffey is not in Seattle anymore. =(

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    On Tuesday 11/22, the Royals are announcing "small updates to uniforms". Per Royals tweet.
    1. All Star game logo on right sleeve.
    2. "Subtle" color changes.

KANSAS CITY -- Subtle changes in the Royals' uniforms were unveiled on Tuesday, but there's one striking addition that signals a big event for Kansas City -- the 2012 All-Star Game logo.
    The logo is affixed to the right sleeve of all four versions of the Royals uniform. The All-Star Game, the first in Kansas City since 1973, will be on July 10 at Kauffman Stadium. Pitcher Aaron Crow and hitting coach Kevin Seitzer modeled the newest versions of the uniforms at the Diamond Club at the stadium.

Aaron Crow and Kevin Seitzer show off the updated uniforms. (Chris Vleisides/Royals)
    The powder blue jersey, so popular with fans that it has been the biggest seller at retail shops, is now a bolder version of the color to more closely match the original uniforms worn by earlier teams in the heyday of George Brett, Frank White and Kevin Appier.
    "Our blue really wasn't what we wore back then," said Kevin Uhlich, the Royals' senior vice president-business operations.
    In addition, the "Royals" script in front has been changed from dark blue to white with a blue outline and the number on the front is now dark blue instead of white. The powder blues usually are worn for day games at home.
    Out are the caps with the powder blue crown. The traditional royal blue cap will be worn instead.
    Also changed are the road gray uniforms, going to a deeper blue-gray tonal quality, with the piping on the jersey and pants changed to dual blue and white from only blue. The "Kansas City" script on the jersey front has been re-tooled into the same style font as the "Royals" script used elsewhere.
    "We just think it all flows together better," Uhlich said. "It was a good way to clean it up."
    Except for the All-Star patch, the home white uniforms and the dark blue alternate road jerseys are unchanged. The dark blues usually are worn for Sunday road games. The new versions of the uniforms are available online and at the Royals Majestic Team Store at Kauffman Stadium. The store will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT on Friday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday during the Kansas-Missouri football game at neighboring Arrowhead Stadium. After that, the store will be open Dec. 19-23, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. except on Dec. 20 when it will close at 6 p.m.

Dick Kaegel is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell