Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question about Red Sox Alternate Jerseys From Eric Atkinson Through Vintage Authentics

Does anyone know any history about all the Boston Red Sox jerseys sold by Vintage Authentics with notarized letters from Eric Atkinson who claims in the letter he obtained the jerseys "From the team at Fenway Park".

I am not familiar with Eric Atkinson, but I am familiar with VA and Lou Lampson, who wrote letters for the two jerseys I got that have been graded "9.0". I know this grade means nothing, but what does anyone know about Eric Atkinson and his source with The Red Sox.

I searched Eric's name on this forum and I didn't find much about him.

I obtained two of these jerseys in a collection and I have to determine more about them and their history before listing them for sale.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Question about Red Sox Alternate Jerseys From Eric Atkinson Through Vintage Authentics

Joel,

I think this is the same guy that would contact me on Red Sox items via email, never bought anything from him and I haven't heard from him in years. I may still have his email somewhere. I'll check and get back with you.

Thanks,
    Bobby

Re: Question about Red Sox Alternate Jerseys From Eric Atkinson Through Vintage Authentics

Active member on the forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Joel,

I think this is the same guy that would contact me on Red Sox items via email, never bought anything from him and I haven't heard from him in years. I may still have his email somewhere. I'll check and get back with you.

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Thanks, Bobby, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Active member on the forum.
    I see two Eric Atkinson's registered on the forum:

"Scottsdale" and "bosoxfan4life"

Hopefully he will reply to this thread. I am just confused why Vintage had him sign a notarized letter (the notary was for Steve Jensen's signature only, by the way) stating the jerseys came from the team at Fenway Park.

They are from 2007-2008 so it wasn't that long ago. Here are two links to the VA auctions so I don't have to post pictures:

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...px?lotid=13494

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...px?lotid=13495

I can only assume these jerseys came from the team, my concern is how to be sure they were game used as that is how they were sold by Eric Atkinson and Vintage Authentics.

Here's the email I have: ejsamm@yahoo.com

The last time he emailed me was in 2009, not sure if this address is his current email.

Thanks,
    Bobby

I used to get some good Patriots stuff from him. Our last deal was a couple years ago and it went south. Haven't heard from him since.

Joel - I own an identical Youkilis 2008 red alt cool base jersey that I bought from Steiner and has an MLB holo. I photo matched it to grand slam he hit by very clear loose threads here on the forum a couple years ago. You may be able to find the thread here if you search on my username and Youkilis.

The tagging and size are correct on your jersey, and perhaps he wore 2 of them that year. Mine does show some wash wear on the tags and bleeding onto the strip tag, and it looks like yours is pretty fresh. I am traveling, but if you want I can mail you photos of my jersey when I get home if it would help

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum over the years

Matt Miller

Shouldn't the Ells jersey have strip tagging in 07-08? Dave or Bobby?

Matt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Shouldn't the Ells jersey have strip tagging in 07-08? Dave or Bobby?

Matt
    Matt, not that it means anything, but all the jerseys without strip tags that VA sold without strip tags were dated 2007-2008.

Eric used to go by the user name 1986&2004 Bosox. You might remember this thread from a few years ago.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ight=fred+lynn
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]