Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Advise Needed

Advise Needed

Folks,
    I just picked up this game used ball from the 99 All Star Game and now have the chance to have Pedro Martinez sign it. What do you say yes or no keep it as is ? I already have my ticket from the game signed by him with a nice shadow box for the ball as well.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Advise Needed

I am against signed game used baseball, but that is just my opinion. It really comes down to what you prefer.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by obpercent1 View Post
    Folks,
    I just picked up this game used ball from the 99 All Star Game and now have the chance to have Pedro Martinez sign it. What do you say yes or no keep it as is ? I already have my ticket from the game signed by him with a nice shadow box for the ball as well.
    Thanks
    one thing i consider is whether his signature is the same now as it was in 1999 as his sig may have changed over time. for example, i would not consider getting any of ARod's Mariners items signed now. but thats just my preference.
    it would be cool if the signatures on the two items matched.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I'd get it signed if the ball looked new, but this baseball would look absolutely fine without an auto on it. I'd leave it as it is

A signature would look much better than that sticker . . . .
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Folks,
    Thanks
    Keep it as it is. Nothing looks worse on a baseball than a faded or bleeding signature. It looks great now, and it sounds like you've already gotten Pedro's auto.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Folks,
    Thanks
    If it will mean a lot to you, have him sign it right below the All-Star logo.

Don't worry about the future value, do what you will appreciate more down the road.