Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Several random football jerseys I have questions about

Hey guys,

As you know, normally I try not to ask any questions until I've exhausted my research on items, but I've...exhausted...my...research...on...these...it ems.

I have a few jerseys here I'm curious about either A) the origin or B) whether it's something significant or worthless, so here goes...

The first one is a Georgia "team issue" jersey - not sure if this tag literally means it's "team issue" or if it's what they put on retail versions (not sure why they would do that but then again, there's TONS of unexplained phenomenon in the game used world)

The second one is a jersey made by "Speedline" - not exactly sure what kind of jersey it is - to me it looks like a vintage college game worn jersey, but then again, I have no idea. It's kinda thin but looks like it's been worn a bunch.

The third is the one I really am curious about...it's also made by speedline but is REALLY heavy - has the last name "DEFINO" on the back. Not sure if this is an LSU old school gamer or exactly what this jersey is, but I was curious enough to purchase it, FWIW.

The last one is a jersey that looks like a professional style jersey, with "COBRAS" stitched on the front - again, not exactly sure what kind of jersey this is but I almost wonder if it's an AFL or some sort of semi-pro league jersey.

Thanks for any help in advance, as I'm stumped!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Cool Re: Several random football jerseys I have questions about

My involvement with college football jerseys is limited, but I can tell you that the Georgia jersey was made in 2004 or later based on the Russell logo design. Russell went to that slanted R logo sometime in 2004, as many (though not all) MLB Russell tags show that version in 2004 gamers.

Dave Miedema

Re: Several random football jerseys I have questions about

Awesome - Dave, you think the Georgia jersey is a gamer in fact? I couldn't imagine retail jerseys having that tag on them.

Georgia has worn Nike jerseys since at least 2000

The only thing on that uga jersey that resembles what they wear is the G in the V neck. The numbers are all wrong, the striping, tagging, and everything else is wrong. Never had a R on the chest/shoulder. Should have nameplate on back, etc etc. The red doesn't even look right. It's not even a good replica.

UGA started wearing Nike about midway through the 1995 season.
    Always looking for Georgia Bulldogs game used.
    email: jgiles2448@yahoo.com

I figured that was the case w/ the Georgia jersey...weird that they'd even put "team issue" on anything that wasn't.

Anyone have any other thoughts on the other jerseys, specifically the purple one?

Preston, sorry it didnt work out.
    Yeah, that team issued thing seems like a company trying to be slick with terminology. I imagine 'team issue' doesn't infringe on any brands or copyrights so I guess they can get away with it. If it said 'UGA team issue' or 'NCAA team issue' on the tag then they may have had a problem with UGA or the NCAA for saying that.

I used to collect hockey GU awhile ago and if i remember right Koho had 'Authentic On Ice Apparel' on their hockey jersey tags for awhile, game used and replicas. The replicas of course were never 'on ice' so its either slick marketing or misleading -- or both.

Happy collecting.
    Mike

There are several teams in Alabama that use that G logo like Georgia, I can only imagine there are dozens more across the US. It is more than likely a high school jersey.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Good point Robert. Nothing else about it matches a UGA jersey so that would make sense.