Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Photomatching JO Jerseys Related Issues

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    34Sweetness, when will you enlighten us on your CONCRETE FACT of how you know who buys from this membership from JO Sports.

Also post photos of your conclusive photomatched jerseys. I want to see how great this collection is and sure others would be educated also.

I normally don't get involved in the rif-raf, but I must tell you, Saints, that 34's collection IS exactly what he says it is. He and I share the same passion, and expertise in Bears jersey. Neither he, nor I, will purchase items unless they have EVERYTHING in order.

You want to see some of his stuff, look through my Bears thread. There you will find examples of just how "anal" we are about our collections. Look at some of my previous threads about techniques we use to photomatch...

Meaning NO DISRESPECT, but I would advise doing some research before calling out the senior members of this board.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Just saw this new, revamped version of the old thread.
    Also saw some turd call me out in the very first post.

saintsgaux and shubert, do yourselves and all of us a favor: go find something else to sit for hours......literally HOURS your posts have required to type all the BS that flows from your gnarled fingertips.......and offer your opinions on.

Watch your neighbors, go sit at an intersection, lurk at the mall, whatever. I'm quite sure you both can find something else to occupy your necessary need to b#@ch about things you have no involvement in.

Your seemingly endless ranting like a couple of old busy-body women has become more than tiresome.

In short, get a life or simply just GO AWAY.
    I second that motion!

[quote=TriplexXxSports;275521]I normally don't get involved in the rif-raf, but I must tell you, Saints, that 34's collection IS exactly what he says it is. He and I share the same passion, and expertise in Bears jersey. Neither he, nor I, will purchase items unless they have EVERYTHING in order.

You want to see some of his stuff, look through my Bears thread. There you will find examples of just how "anal" we are about our collections. Look at some of my previous threads about techniques we use to photomatch...

Meaning NO DISRESPECT, but I would advise doing some research before calling out the senior members of this board.[/quote]

What does that have to do with anything? If memory serves we correctly one achieves Senior Member status after posting like 80 posts on this forum. I believe that is what a moderator told me before. That hardly makes anybody an expert on anything. There are members on here who from their posting info have made only 50 posts but have been members since the inception of this forum and other members who have made over 500 posts in a year or less so it is not like someone actually earns the title of Senior member based on industry knowledge or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    I stopped monitoring the other thread days ago, just as I said I would, for two reasons: 1) it's Thanksgiving and I have a life, and, 2) it was nothing more than a handful of self-appointed law experts and amateur deputy sheriffs spouting off at the mouth, endlessly repeating the same holier-than-thou, finger pointing statements over and over again.

Sorry, but I've got more than that going on.

I checked back this evening and saw the newly titled thread and thought it might have some interesting new angle on a topic that was related to, but not exactly the same as, the previous ridiculous debacle.
    Lo and behold, it's really just a continuation of the same BS with the same finger-pointers flapping their gums and saying the same things they said CONTINUOUSLY on the previous thread.

So, from this point forward, I will only be looking at the two threads that I have had any interest in for the majority of the time I've been a member here: the Bears thread and the NFL thread. Historically, these two threads have been devoid of any "Barneys and Gladys's", and that's the way we like it.

Continue with the amateur sleuthing........I'm out.

And again, for the record, I will absolutely continue buying Bears jerseys from JO Sports and I do not care what any of you think about that.

Have a lovely weekend.
    I have heard from a source that works for the NFL that there are now discussions that will begin internally at the NFL once the holiday weekend is over to mandate that all teams sever ties immediately with JO sports based on this plea agreement. From what my buddy is telling me the NFL does not care one way or the other about the specifics of what, when, where, how etc. all of this occured, they see one thing and one thing only it is that JO pled guilty to forging jersey's or selling forged jersey's etc. and at the end of the day they are concerned with only protecting the NFL brand and will not associate with a known felon.

I would not be at all surprised if JO has the rug pulled out form under them sooner than later and at the end of the day, the only thing that you guys might be buying from them is the stuff off the clearance rack as the lights are being turned out for the final time on the showroom floor out in Las Vegas.

Jeb

I think you completely missed the point of my reply...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post
    I have heard from a source that works for the NFL that there are now discussions that will begin internally at the NFL once the holiday weekend is over to mandate that all teams sever ties immediately with JO sports based on this plea agreement. From what my buddy is telling me the NFL does not care one way or the other about the specifics of what, when, where, how etc. all of this occured, they see one thing and one thing only it is that JO pled guilty to forging jersey's or selling forged jersey's etc. and at the end of the day they are concerned with only protecting the NFL brand and will not associate with a known felon.

I would not be at all surprised if JO has the rug pulled out form under them sooner than later and at the end of the day, the only thing that you guys might be buying from them is the stuff off the clearance rack as the lights are being turned out for the final time on the showroom floor out in Las Vegas.

Jeb

Jeb:

I have heard the same thing from several contacts I have with the NFL teams. I am told that this is being discussed on two different fronts, one with the teams themselves and the other inside the NFL offices.

I would honestly expect this to be a no brainer and a mandate to come down quite quickly from the NFL that this business deal would end. JO sports is like pocket change to the NFL but at the end of the day as Jeb mentioned they are going to protect their brand and anything that would possibly have a connection to criminal activity is not going to fly with the NFL brass.

My guess would be they will work on quickly determining if each team can take over its own marketing of game used and the ties with JO will come to an end very, very soon.

I think someone mentioned a possible takeover or buyout. I am told that the NFL wants assurances before they sign off on this that some type of fail-safes are built in to avoid this type of embarrassment ever again or they will not continue their relationship with JO or some other company that buys them out.

I am guessing we will see some changes coming very very soon however again, this is peanuts to the NFL and all of JO's combined sales in the last three years probably don't add up to the beer sales on the 2nd deck at Metlife stadium in a given Sunday. How soon they act depends on how worried they are that this will soil their brand.

Joe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I think you completely missed the point of my reply...
    I cannot speak for Jeb but I too would question what Senior status has to do with anything related to any posts being made by anyone on this or any other thread???

Everyone had to get a start somewhere and having 1 post or 10000 means little to nothing about anything.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSportsFan View Post
    Everyone had to get a start somewhere and having 1 post or 10000 means little to nothing about anything.

Joe
    Well, if you take the time to go back and read a few hundred informative posts that give good, solid information regarding our hobby, you may feel otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Well, if you take the time to go back and read a few hundred informative posts that give good, solid information regarding our hobby, you may feel otherwise.
    In my experience on this board there are people who have literally done 1000's of post that don't amount to one solid post from others and vise versa. I don't believe for one minute that the amount of posts one has made contributes one way or the other to this board.

You are correct on one thing there are many worthwhile good solid posts on this forum and there are others who seem to be trying to jump their daily post count with absolutely useless nonsense. There are posts on this very thread that fall into that category.

I have been collecting game used for over 40 years and the stupidity of this argument is a perfect example of what I am talking about. I could be a charter member on this forum (I am not and don't pretend to be) but so what. Even with over 40 years of collecting I don't pretend to know everything yet I know that there are very few collectors that have been in this hobby for anywhere close to that length of time yet many collectors who have been collecting for two or three years pretend to begin to think they know it all. It is laughable as the one thing I do know is that I don't begin to know it all.

Lots of informative posts on here but there are also a lot of frankly ridiculous post on here just like there are on every forum and board on the net.

Joe

I agree with you 100%, Joe. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll just say that I may not agree with the opinions of several collectors here at any given time... But when it comes to their actual experiences in the hobby, I try to separate their opinions from the facts they have to offer.

We're on the same page here, for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com