Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

34swtns, I think Walter Peyton and most decent people would be disgusted with your stance which comes across as "not my problem, its yours". You have that right to feel that way but your indignant attitude and arrogance is why I believe the dirty dealers prosper and stay in business. You are smarter than the average guy, or so you think that your collection is perfectly photomatched.

Its difficult but not impossible for a corrupt person to fake use on a jersey especially on a football jersey where shoulder pads distort and stretch the jersey. Keep thinking your JO jerseys are so great and remember this when you sell it GUILTY OF FRAUD.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    34swtns, I think Walter Peyton and most decent people would be disgusted with your stance which comes across as "not my problem, its yours". You have that right to feel that way but your indignant attitude and arrogance is why I believe the dirty dealers prosper and stay in business. You are smarter than the average guy, or so you think that your collection is perfectly photomatched.

Its difficult but not impossible for a corrupt person to fake use on a jersey especially on a football jersey where shoulder pads distort and stretch the jersey. Keep thinking your JO jerseys are so great and remember this when you sell it GUILTY OF FRAUD.
    I'm a decent person, and I am not disgusted at all by 34swtns stance at all, why should I be? If he is satisfied with the items he purchases from JO, then why do you or anyone else for that matter, care one bit? 34swtns isn't spending your money, so it should not matter to you.

I'd also bet my paycheck that 34swtns' entire Bears jersey collection is photomatched without a doubt. I have 5 jerseys from JO and they are all photomatched. You indicate its not too difficult to fake use on a GU jersey, I'd say you don't know much about GU football jerseys and probably don't do much research. I could be wrong, but I'm just going by your statement.

By the way, if you're going to use Walter Payton's name, please spell it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I'm a decent person, and I am not disgusted at all by 34swtns stance at all, why should I be? If he is satisfied with the items he purchases from JO, then why do you or anyone else for that matter, care one bit? 34swtns isn't spending your money, so it should not matter to you.

I'd also bet my paycheck that 34swtns' entire Bears jersey collection is photomatched without a doubt. I have 5 jerseys from JO and they are all photomatched. You indicate its not too difficult to fake use on a GU jersey, I'd say you don't know much about GU football jerseys and probably don't do much research. I could be wrong, but I'm just going by your statement.

By the way, if you're going to use Walter Payton's name, please spell it correctly.
    Do as you want. My feelings are when you support a criminal, you are aiding and abetting their livelihood in that business. When will restitution be made to those who now have lost market value in their JO items?

My apologies for not spelling Mr. Payton's name correctly.

Banned

Funny how some of you who own JO items and become defensive and feel the need to defend your collection. If you want to make youself feel better then get therapy instead of trying to justify to the forum how your collection is perfect. The fact is you bought items from a bad company, if you ever want to sell them and don't think this whole debacle hurt the value of your items then you must have Lou Lampson syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Funny how some of you who own JO items and become defensive and feel the need to defend your collection. If you want to make youself feel better then get therapy instead of trying to justify to the forum how your collection is perfect. The fact is you bought items from a bad company, if you ever want to sell them and don't think this whole debacle hurt the value of your items then you must have Lou Lampson syndrome.
    I'm not defensive at all and don't need to defend my collection. I have photo matches and team LOA's, so I feel just fine, no therapy needed.

My items are authentic and can be proven so, why should the value change? Are you also saying that photo matches and team LOA's don't mean anything?

I'm not defensive at all and don't need to defend my collection. I have photo matches and team LOA's, so I feel just fine, no therapy needed.

My items are authentic and can be proven so, why should the value change? Are you also saying that photo matches and team LOA's don't mean anything?
    Exactly.. Sure I purchased 2 JO game worn jerseys from last season, and both can easily be photomatched to the 2 games the players played in. If I was to sell them right now to an actual memorabilia collector that even knows about the whole JO situation, sure I'm pretty sure I would not get anywhere close to what I paid for them. To the "average Joe" collector, they wouldn't even know. But does it matter? Like we always keep saying, a jersey is worth what someone will pay for it, regardless of where it originated from.

Am I upset at what happened, sure I am! No doubt about it. I'm not defending any actions committed by JOSports in this situation. But I know my jerseys are good and to the 'Saints' guy who keeps saying NFL jerseys are so easy to apply fake grass/dirt stains, sure no doubt about it. BUT, can anyone duplicate the EXACT grass/dirt stains to the EXACT same location and EXACT same color depth, no f-ing way. I don't care who you are, it is impossible. Without actual game photomatching and Getty/AP images to help my jerseys, sure, anything would be possible to fake. However, I feel 100% comfortable that my jerseys are 100% authentic, game worn and I will probably keep them for a very long time and that's all that matters to me

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Exactly.. Sure I purchased 2 JO game worn jerseys from last season, and both can easily be photomatched to the 2 games the players played in. If I was to sell them right now to an actual memorabilia collector that even knows about the whole JO situation, sure I'm pretty sure I would not get anywhere close to what I paid for them. To the "average Joe" collector, they wouldn't even know. But does it matter? Like we always keep saying, a jersey is worth what someone will pay for it, regardless of where it originated from.

Am I upset at what happened, sure I am! No doubt about it. I'm not defending any actions committed by JOSports in this situation. But I know my jerseys are good and to the 'Saints' guy who keeps saying NFL jerseys are so easy to apply fake grass/dirt stains, sure no doubt about it. BUT, can anyone duplicate the EXACT grass/dirt stains to the EXACT same location and EXACT same color depth, no f-ing way. I don't care who you are, it is impossible. Without actual game photomatching and Getty/AP images to help my jerseys, sure, anything would be possible to fake. However, I feel 100% comfortable that my jerseys are 100% authentic, game worn and I will probably keep them for a very long time and that's all that matters to me
    I dont understand how someone can say its easy to duplicate the exact location of hit marks, grass stains, paint from the turf, helmet color transfers, rips, et c.

completely agree with this post

Banned

So why do we all need this detailed info about your JO items? If you're happy with them great. It's like you want to prove to the world aside from the JO issues your stuff is good. Who cares? I'm sure there are people who own JO stuff and don't feel the need to explain their collection to everyone on the forum because their confident in what they own unlike others on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    So why do we all need this detailed info about your JO items? If you're happy with them great. It's like you want to prove to the world aside from the JO issues your stuff is good. Who cares? I'm sure there are people who own JO stuff and don't feel the need to explain their collection to everyone on the forum because their confident in what they own unlike others on this thread.
    You should stop posting because all your posts only try to incite reactions and do not help the discussion in any way. I think this thread would be much more constructive without you.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    You should stop posting because all your posts only try to incite reactions and do not help the discussion in any way. I think this thread would be much more constructive without you.
    You posted this not long ago. So I should stop posting cause you're staying out of this?? Sound a bit hypocritical to me.

"Like I said, I am staying out of all of this, I just looked up the information to see if there was ties. I have owned one JO item I bought through a GUU auction, and don't collect football so I don't care to get involved with this. I definitely think the rest of the information should come out before the baby is thrown out with the bath water. There will be plenty of time to bash (or support) JO when all of the information is out there. I realize there is a lot of info already out, but the details aren't and I am waiting patiently to hear those."