Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Phillies 2011 Winter Sale?

Have gone in the past...not worth going in my opinion unless you collect autographs...game used is very minimal and mostly spring training high number players...

I will be going.

Went to the sale bright and very early today. All of the jerseys I picked up were game issued according to the MLB authentication program holograms. Got an 08 Werth Alternate and 08 Werth St. Patrick's Day at $60 each, an Aumont red BP (#75 from Spring training), a Red BP helmet #28 size 7 1/2 presumed to be Werth for $40. There was a hologram but the number didn't come up with a certificate. He wears that size and in black marker inside helmet were 08/09 and 7 1/2 (in addition to the size tag of the same). It was about as expected. In the old days (before MLB authentication) you got the same kind of jerseys but they were listed as game used. The only way they are officially called game used now is if the rep actually witnesses the jersey coming off the player's back in the locker room. I didn't really see any game used bats there.

Other items included the Group Leader 4 ACES bobble heads for $20 (they were selling on ebay for over $100 during the season).

By chance does anyone know, if they had a Dane Sardinha home jersey for sale?

Were there a lot of batting helmets for sale? I really want a Phillies helmet!

I only saw 4 batting helmets. I grabbed #28 and it was so hectic didn't even check out the ones remaining. I assume they were gone by the end of the day.

I purchased the Chris Volstad broken bat and 2011 NL East Champagne bottle. Also purchased 2011 Marlins program.

Coolest thing was when I got home I looked up the MLB Authentication and found out that Josh Johnson broke the Volstad bat on August 9, 2009 against Jamie Moyer. I did some research and found articles that said Johnson used Volstad's bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickphils1 View Post
    Went to the sale bright and very early today. All of the jerseys I picked up were game issued according to the MLB authentication program holograms. Got an 08 Werth Alternate and 08 Werth St. Patrick's Day at $60 each, an Aumont red BP (#75 from Spring training), a Red BP helmet #28 size 7 1/2 presumed to be Werth for $40. There was a hologram but the number didn't come up with a certificate. He wears that size and in black marker inside helmet were 08/09 and 7 1/2 (in addition to the size tag of the same). It was about as expected. In the old days (before MLB authentication) you got the same kind of jerseys but they were listed as game used. The only way they are officially called game used now is if the rep actually witnesses the jersey coming off the player's back in the locker room. I didn't really see any game used bats there.

Other items included the Group Leader 4 ACES bobble heads for $20 (they were selling on ebay for over $100 during the season).
    If interested in selling any Werth items please send me an email.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Picked up a dane sardinha game worn blue bp jersey, dannysubach@yahoo.com

Went back for Day 2. Not much new stuff. Bought a Tyson Gilles BP spring training jersey. Talked to the person in charge and asked if I could pick up a JC Ramirez and package it with the Gillies and an Aumont I got yesterday and trade them all for a Cliff Lee. She wasn't as generous as Ruben was when he traded them to Seattle for Lee.