Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Questions about JO Sports Robin Yount 1981 Jersey

http://www.josportsco.com/view_produ...ProductID=7804

I emailed JO Sports last Sunday and I didn't receive any reply to my concerns about this Robin Yount jersey they are selling.

I had a friend/customer emailing me asking about this jersey as they were interested in possibly buying it, but they wanted me to have it examined first. After quite a bit of homework and help from friends in the industry, I found some real concerns.

First off, the tagging for Sand-Knit has never been seen by Dave Miedema for a 1980's Sand-Knit gamer. Then the issue of the size raises a concern, as Yount wore size 40 until later in his career. I believe I found he didn't start wearing such large jerseys until the early 1990's.

I am also trying to see if anyone else has ever seen a 1981 Brewers playoff jersey with the playoff stitching in the tail.

Has anyone seen any similar jerseys to compare this one to help determine authenticity? I can't find anything positive about the jersey and I know JO Sports is one of the best for modern football, but what methods are they using to authenticate vintage baseball jerseys?

Name:  Yount Back.jpg
Views: 2454
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  Yount Front.jpg
Views: 1881
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  Yount Tag.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  190.1 KB

Re: Questions about JO Sports Robin Yount 1981 Jersey

You can add this to the J.O. suspect list:

Those letters look way off to me shorter and wider than they should be for 1985?? The numbers look funky too the look too wide. Maybe TNT could shed some light on this, I thought the Hernandez jerseys should have the condensed font for the name??
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

This is the link to the Hernandez:

http://www.josportsco.com/view_produ...ProductID=7791
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Always looking for any Edgardo Alfonzo game used stuff!
    cfiguer5@yahoo.com

Banned

Scoreboard Will Clark being sold as a gamer as well

http://www.josportsco.com/view_produ...ProductID=7793

Banned

Exclamation Re: Questions about JO Sports Robin Yount 1981 Jersey

MetsFan and Lokee:

Right on both counts.

With the Hernandez Mets jersey, the embroidery font in the collar strip tag isn't even remotely close.

I know JO Sports has the best sources possible in current/recent NFL gamers, but their GU baseball acumen leaves much to be desired. Maybe they should hire me to assist them on baseball acquisitions...

Dave Miedema

Banned

Smile Re: Questions about JO Sports Robin Yount 1981 Jersey

Jerseys were taken down. Opened a trunk in our latest move to pull these jerseys out must have been years since I seen most of them. Back in the trunk they go. On another note I am close to listing a want ad for a Operations Manager to oversee the entire floor that must bring with him/her sales experience, industry knowledge, knowledge in autograph wholesaling (or willing to learn), and operations experience. If you are the man then you just may be hired.

Quote Originally Posted by josportsco View Post
    Jerseys were taken down. Opened a trunk in our latest move to pull these jerseys out must have been years since I seen most of them. Back in the trunk they go. On another note I am close to listing a want ad for a Operations Manager to oversee the entire floor that must bring with him/her sales experience, industry knowledge, knowledge in autograph wholesaling (or willing to learn), and operations experience. If you are the man then you just may be hired.
    Can we work from home?

Banned

I appauld JO for pulling these. However, what happens to baseball jerseys already sold that may raise similar issues?

Banned

We do not have any that sold that would have issues. Since we dug into the box of vintage baseball a week ago everything you see on our website is what was in the box plus another dozen jerseys that we put on our showroom floor.
    Can Dave please email me we have about a half a dozen vintage baseball jerseys I will send to authenticate.
    jarrod@josportsco.com

Dave is back in business! This is a very classy and honorable move on JO's part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com