Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Forum Member Ripped Me Off!

I am quite unhappy right now. I've had at least half a dozen pleasant transactions with members of this board, and have asked even more folks for advice (to say nothing of learning more about them on Facebook, LOL!). But now...for the first time...I've been taken for a ride.

I sent mlbforeverhomer (Clayton Lemmons) payment for a game worn jersey on November 14. He said he would mail it out that day. He didn't. I checked back with him on November 18 and he replied on Saturday saying he would mail it out on Monday, November 21. I then emailed him on Thursday, November 24, and he responded that he would be mailing the jersey out on Friday, November 25.

Poof, no jersey today. No tracking number sent. I should point out that I live in San Antonio and he is in Houston. I know I am never going to receive that jersey, and have requested a refund twice. He now will no longer reply to my emails.

And no, I have no recourse through Paypal. I sent payment as a gift despite my better judgment telling me otherwise. I've contacted Paypal to flag his account but unless he does the right thing, my money is gone. You'd think I would have learned not to trust ANYONE but I truly believe that most people are decent human beings. Clearly I was mistaken.

Clayton, I don't want the jersey. I just want my money back. Do the right thing. This is ridiculous. You can't get to a post office but you're able to get on the internet so be an honorable person and send me a refund. I am not afraid to take further action if necessary.

I hate calling people out but I feel I have no other choice. Thanks to some of my fellow forum members for giving me advice on this subject...I sincerely appreciate it.

Re: Another Forum Member Ripped Me Off!

GUU members do not send money as a gift!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I know, I know...lesson MEGA learned. You think I would have learned it after what happened with EurekaDave. Never again.

A quick search on this forum, and you would find that Clayton has a history of shoddy transactions.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=38864

Banned

LOL... I have offered this lady her money back, or I can send the jersey when I get back in town from the holidays. I am waiting on her reply. Friends, people I have done business with... Please make it rain on this post!

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    I know, I know...lesson MEGA learned. You think I would have learned it after what happened with EurekaDave. Never again.
    Dave did get his item. You have an advantage that Dave did not have. You live really close to Clayton. Do not give up!!!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Clayton, I told you I would prefer a refund. My reputation speaks for itself. I didn't want to call you out but apparently that was the only thing that got your attention. Say what you want about me, I know who I am.

Clayton has refunded my money. Thanks for the support, guys! Mods feel free to do what you will with this thread.

Banned

Refund has been sent... Next time before you try and hurt someone's reputation work it out thru emails. I replied to every single email you sent letting you know the current status. Forum members watch out for this one. Online shopping has pampered her way to much with instant tracking gratification.

Clayton, I am not going to get into a forum fight with you over this. I sent you multiple emails asking for a refund, and received no response. Without a response from you I felt I had no other recourse than to take it to the forum. I would point out to you that the instant I took this to the forum, I DID receive a response and a refund from you. Very interesting timing.

Again, my reputation speaks for itself. I will not let you disparage it or engage in petty name-calling.