Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1971-73 Atlanta Braves Sand Knit Jerseys

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here owns a 1971-73 Braves Sand Knit game jersey. If anyone on here has one, could you please contact me? My email is woodward30@yahoo.com. I'm specifically looking for one with the #4. I'm not looking to purchase it, just would like to talk about something. Thank you.

Banned

Exclamation Re: 1971-73 Atlanta Braves Sand Knit Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by woodward30 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here owns a 1971-73 Braves Sand Knit game jersey. If anyone on here has one, could you please contact me? My email is woodward30@yahoo.com. I'm specifically looking for one with the #4. I'm not looking to purchase it, just would like to talk about something. Thank you.
    To narrow things down a little bit, the Braves only wore Sand-Knit in 1972 (H&R) and 1973 (road only). They did not use Sand-Knit in 1971 (although there is a bogus 1971 Aaron knit out there somewhere).

Dave Miedema

Re: 1971-73 Atlanta Braves Sand Knit Jerseys

Dave...those braves Sandknits have to be the cheapest major league shirts ever made... they are not much better than a t-shirt.....did they wear nicknames for those years? took me years to find out Gallo was Roger Moret...

just checked...the 76 shirts had the nicknames...Turner got into trouble for having a player nicknamed "channel" with number 17 for his cable station... slick move...

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    Dave...those braves Sandknits have to be the cheapest major league shirts ever made... they are not much better than a t-shirt.....did they wear nicknames for those years? took me years to find out Gallo was Roger Moret...
    They still are cheap.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260890730224...ht_3588wt_1004
    This one just sold on eBay. Not worth a dime over 19.50.

Banned

Cool Re: 1971-73 Atlanta Braves Sand Knit Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    just checked...the 76 shirts had the nicknames...Turner got into trouble for having a player nicknamed "channel" with number 17 for his cable station... slick move...
    The player was Andy Messersmith.

Also, those jerseys were made by Wilson.

Finally, there were a few cheaply-made uniforms issued by Sand-Knit. In addition to the Braves jerseys, the 1982 White Sox unies were pretty chintzy, too. The quality was drastically improved for the 1983 uniforms.

Dave Miedema