Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Esiason jersey on Grey Flannel

I'm not fully understanding the post?

Are you suggesting that the Jersey on Grey Flannel is not a legit GU Jersey?

Do you feel that the tagging is correct for the time frame? I am not familiar with this tagging.

Are you saying that you compared this Jersey to video of every single Bengals game played during this time frame including pre season (1984-1988) and you could conclusively say that this Jersey was not worn in any game?

I think its a cool Jersey and I'm just trying to better understand your post.

Yes, this jersey is not legit. I've been looking for a Boomer GU jersey for years and this is the 4th misrepresented jersey I've come across. The tagging and size is correct for the timeframe. The placement were the seller cut the sleeves is inconsistent and the stripes do not match any game from 84-88.

I looked through every game and it's pretty easy to catch once you get used to what to look for.

It is cool looking, but it's not game used.

I don't have the preseason games on DVD but I highly doubt he wore it then. Boomer wore the same jersey all season long (except in 88' he had 2 blacks). Maybe he had a special preseason jersey?

If anyone reads this I just wanted to admit that I made a mistake. I recently video matched this jersey to a 1990 Bengals vs. 49ers game. He also wore it against the Steelers and Colts during that same year. I think that this was a very rare circumstance where Boomer switched to a Russell jersey when he was suppose to be wearing Champion. His pants were champion and all other Bengals players were only seen wearing Champion after the 1989 season. I don't know why or how he switched back to this Russell jersey for the 3 games in 1990, but I'm sure it was a violation of contract with Champion. That's why I didn't think to look through the 1990 season to look. Anyways, the stripes, font, and some other markings matchup along with some other characteristics only the Russell jersey's had. Sorry for my accusation of a fake.