Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gadsden86
    • Oct 2011

Re: December Pick-Ups Thread *HAPPY HOLIDAYS EDITION*

great stuff guys. Just got this in yesterday. Wanted it for a long time and finally pulled the trigger.
    Sammy Morris 2005 Jersey.
    This was worn for quite a few games as it has a ton of wear and a few repair marks on it.
    I had alot of down time at work today so i took it and am pretty sure i have my 1st definitive photomatch.
    1st some of the pics.

close up on back #'s

right side shoulder numbers and marks.

front tags

left #'s

where the 40th anniversary patch was removed. Anyone know how to get another or should i just leave it?

now this part is where i am 99% sure i have my match. On the right shoulder in the pic you can see the black marks they match the exact place on the jersey.
    Pic.

Jersey.

let me know what you think. I think i may be getting the hang of the matching.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
      • Jun 2008

Picked up a couple new jersey for my hawaii collection, a Dane Sardinha home jersey. Yes its a road, but it was worn at home when the Phillies played Toronto. Also picked up a 05 Jerome Williams Pinestripe, from one of the few years they went with NNOB. Also picked up a Glenn Braggs Reds bat.
      Attached Files

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Casper Wells Issued Helmet dated to September 5, 2011. Videomatched to the September 4 game, the last one he played before this helmet was collected by MLB. Only thing is that there was no piece missing from the bill during the game. One wonders when it split off from the rest of the helmet, especially since it could not be authenticated as game used.

Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• mbrieve
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by frikativ54
          Casper Wells Issued Helmet dated to September 5, 2011. Videomatched to the September 4 game, the last one he played before this helmet was collected by MLB. Only thing is that there was no piece missing from the bill during the game. One wonders when it split off from the rest of the helmet, especially since it could not be authenticated as game used.

He goes by the twitter handle @UpstateBaller on twitter. You could try asking him if he remembers breaking it in frustration. Seems like a cool guy on there.

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mbrieve
            He goes by the twitter handle @UpstateBaller on twitter. You could try asking him if he remembers breaking it in frustration. Seems like a cool guy on there.
            I'll have to figure out how to use Twitter then. Or have someone here post the question. The day before the helmet was certified as issued, Casper Wells got hit by a pitch in the elbow. He went to first base, but was taken out for a defensive replacement in the bottom of the inning. That was his last plate appearance before the helmet was certified as issued. And the helmet does match, but it was intact.
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Preston
              • Mar 2010

Middle Tennessee State University (or as we call it around here, MTSU) game worn football jersey

This is THE CHEAPEST game worn jersey I've ever seen. (Just an observation but a decent thrift store find, none the less)
              Attached Files

Comment

• Jstef15
                • Dec 2010

Game used football from the UK vs. Florida game this year.

The bat isn't a game used bat but it has the Gators logo with my name on the bat so I thought some my enjoy that as well.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...