Are vintage insignificant jerseys of common no name players really worth that of modern day superstars? Recently, I've seen a jersey from the 70's of Joe Common Player that most people never heard of sell for $7,500 (it was listed for sale for over 4+ years). Back then, there was no security tagging, little photo-graphs, and even fewer pictures/references of this no name player.

If I buy a significant modern day superstar jersey like an Aaron Rodgers, Sidney Crosby, or Albert Pujlos for around the same price $7,500... what will be worth more in 40 years? An 80 year old no name, with zero proof it was ever legitimate, or a then to be Vintage superstar HOF player with security tagging, photo-matches, Team COA's etc.

I stay away from no name players no matter how old. To me, the age of the jersey doesn't make it any more or less significant unless it was literally proven to be worn during a specific event such as the first ever game by the franchise, playoffs, championship, incident etc. I would rather spend my money on a modern 100% indisputable superstar for the same price than a common "vintage" jersey that can never and probably will never have indisputable evidence that its real (photo-match, COA, proof it wasn't just a preseason jersey, proof it wasn't an event worn jersey)

Just wondered what everyone's opinion is on this.