Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Re: Joe Namath Jersey - 8D Auctions

I thought I'd resurrect this original thread. This sale brings to mind the following thoughts;

- A friend told me, "the only thing consistent about this hobby is its inconsistencies".

- research is a invaluable tool.

- ideas and opinions change. Years ago, I got an opinion from another collector on a jersey I owned. He told me my jersey was not correct so based on his opinion, I sold the jersey for a song. A year or so later, the jersey sold for thousands of dollars. What pissed me off was, the collector who told me the jersey was not correct, authenticated the same jersey. When I reached out for the collector, he wrote back stating his opinion was based on the information that was known at that time.

Here is the auction that got me thinking.

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...entoryid=71285

In closing, do your own research and gather as many opinions from as many different sources as possible to formulate your own opinion(s). The Internet makes things a whole lot easier.

Jim

Re: Joe Namath Jersey - 8D Auctions

Interesting, that they seem to automatically start with a perfect 10, then deduct a few points for not being able to photo match, or style match this jersey (ie. he never wore this combination)...I guess the closing price speaks for itself, given a legitimate Namath will easily sell for over $25k.

Final Grade: 10 points were assigned after jersey was evaluated for proper manufacturing, sizing, numbering, lettering, etc. 2 points were subtracted for sleeves not consistent with available images