Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Auction Houses

Banned

Auction Houses

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that gets sick of auction houses and their aproach to the public as I do? I hate it when I get several emails a day from these people telling me that they have an auction going on. Once I know you have an auction going on I don't need you to keep reminding me of it!! One email from you or one add on a website should be enough. Let me hear your thoughts on this one.

Re: Auction Houses

I'm sick and tired of the auction companies using the Pre Certified thing on there items that is what irks me with them. If PSA looks at it for the auction saying it's real then why not issue a cert right then instead of pre certifing it then I have to send my item to PSA with postage cost there pay PSA a fee to tell me AGAIN it's real and then pay there inflated cost to ship back now i just spent another 100.00 I won't have spent. What a scam. It's the auction companies way to save a buck so they don't have to pay it and pass it on the the buyer. How this even is acceptable is beyond me.

Really? Once you buy from any retailer on line you get an email a day, more during the holidays. Just delete it and move on, move it to spam and you wont be bothered or opt out of their emails. Many options for you to chose. I am sure many appreciate the reminder.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    I'm sick and tired of the auction companies using the Pre Certified thing on there items that is what irks me with them. If PSA looks at it for the auction saying it's real then why not issue a cert right then instead of pre certifing it then I have to send my item to PSA with postage cost there pay PSA a fee to tell me AGAIN it's real and then pay there inflated cost to ship back now i just spent another 100.00 I won't have spent. What a scam. It's the auction companies way to save a buck so they don't have to pay it and pass it on the the buyer. How this even is acceptable is beyond me.
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but I though PSA/DNA was not offering to pre-certify any items anymore. I though they were all certified in advance. I thought only JSA was still using that pre-certified letter crap where you have to pay a bunch more to later have it fully certified.

I could swear PSA/DNA dropped doing this around a year ago or so.

You are 100% right. Why shouldn't the auction houses pay to have everything certified in advance and pass off the fees to the consignors and save the buyer's a lot of hassle and headache.

I have always considered pre-certified a pain.

Banned

trsent,
    I just bought a Jerry Hairston bat from John Taube this past week and the bat only came with a "Auction LOA". I can send the bat back to him and pay him for a letter and grade if I want. I don't think this is right either. When you buy from these guys you should get a LOA and a grade for the bat no matter what.

trsent, I won a GU bat in the recent Heritage Signature auction and the description says pre certified so they are still doing it.