Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

Re: Autograph Authentication

There are tons of pics of Jeter available so why not try and save yourself the authentication fees and try and photomatch it yourself? I'm sure there are folks on the site who might be willing to help for free or charge a lot less then a company like Mears would. Plus a photomatch is better then anyone's LOO any day.

Originally posted by BernBabyBern
    Thanks for everyone's opinion. Looks like PSA/DNA would be best for the signature authentication.

Joel - Jersey was sourced from a reliable non-Steiner source. That's why I'm sending it to MEARS for authentication on the game use.

Pablo
    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• kprst6
      • Mar 2011

I would also argue that if an item is questionable to the point that you need it "authenticated" than the item will always be questionable even if it's "authenticated". Just because a piece of paper and someone's opinion that you paid for says it's real, doesn't make it more or less real.

Comment

• otismalibu
        • Nov 2005

Just because a piece of paper and someone's opinion that you paid for says it's real, doesn't make it more or less real.
        True, but that piece of paper will help with the sale price.

Why does someone pass on an eBay item but then pay 3x the amount for the same item when it's offered by a major auction house?

The paperwork.
        Greg
        DrJStuff.com

Comment

• David
          • Sep 2024

Tristar and a few other companies only give COAs/holos for autographs they witness in person, with the player under contract to sign. That's why Tristar, UDA and Steiner holographs are valued.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BernBabyBern
            I have a game used autographed jersey that I'm sending to MEARS for authentication on the game use.

Who would you send it to authenticate the signature? PSA/DNA or JSA.

Would like to get everyone's opinion.

Thanks,
            Pablo
            MAP
            Pablo,

How are you selling it? Before you spend money getting stuff authenticated if your going to auction it via n auction house they will take care of that for you without charging you. Thats what part of the seller's premium covers. Most auction houses will have the signature authenticated by PSA or JSA and have their own experts look at the jersey. I just wanted to point this out because authentication is not cheap and if you use a major auction house your paying double if you pay for it yourself.

Comment

• David
              • Sep 2024

My opinion is the PSA, JSA or other LOA is one of multiple opinions you should use when purchasing. The other opinions can include your judgment, the seller (start with purchasing from reputable knowledgeable sellers!!!!!!!) and others (fellow collectors, other).

I don't think anyone, including PSA or JSA, has ever said you should purchase based only on the LOA. I believe if James Spence says collectors should educate themselves before buying.

Comment

• David
                • Sep 2024

Remove the if from the last sentence. Spence does say collectors you educate themselves.

Comment

• BernBabyBern
                  • Dec 2006

Wow. Didn't think this topic would create such a buzz.
                  Actually thinking of getting the jersey authenticated more to raise the resale value if I decided to sell it. I have no issues on the jersey as I know it came from a reliable clubhouse source. On the autograph ( will post a pic shortly). I know just by looking at it it's legit. Again just want to add a respectible official opinion on the signature.

Again thanks for everyone's opinion.

Pablo

Comment

• BernBabyBern
                    • Dec 2006

Here is the pic of the autograph. I'll try and get an even closer up.

Pablo
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...