Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: Albert Pujols to the Angels

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/opinio...ols/index.html

Above is another interesting article. I was as big a fan as the next guy. Someone told me once you may not want to meet your most favored player....they might disappoint you. Well, I met him twice at the Cardinals Witner Warmup and this article paints a 100% accurate picture. Can't wait to hear the stories of Angels collectors in the coming seasons.
    So...because Albert Pujols did not like signing, he was Bin Laden in a baseball uniform?

Sorry man, not buying it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

How quickly the fans turns own their once favorite sons.

Banned

Teach to me talk on the phone and type at the same time.

I meant....How quickly the fans turn on their once favorite sons.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    So...because Albert Pujols did not like signing, he was Bin Laden in a baseball uniform?

Sorry man, not buying it.
    RJ -

I said it once and I'll say it again - I applaud the man for his charity work, don't get me wrong...

But he treats the fans (at least here in Denver) like they are less than nothing - and I have spent time with him back in 2002 when I worked at Nike. I got to spend like 4-5 hours with him as he shopped the store on his comp and he signed a beautiful ball for me, but since then, he seems to show true disdain for the fans.

Case in point, 2 years ago behind Coors Field - ALL of the players in MLB are aware that for the past 3 years now, Coors Field has not let cabs or limos drive into the parking area, so players either go the front gate, ride the bus, or get out of their cab/limo out back and choose to sign or not as they walk past the autograph seekers.

Pujols had his family with him on the final day of the series and had not one, but two limos waiting out back for him after the game. When he came out, we were told by his 'goon squad' (The Prince couldn't be bothered to address us himself) of security not to talk to him, not to ask for autographs and not to photograph him.

We were assembled in a PUBLIC place - not like we followed him into his hotel (I generally don't go the hotel as a rule myself) or to dinner or something. We are in an area that is maintained by Coors Field to be safe for both the players and the fans and he and his 'entourage' acted like we were trespassing on HIS private property.

It will be interesting to see if he has a Randy Johnson moment once he realizes the cameras are EVERYWHERE in the L.A. area just like NYC and the paparazzi will be all over his every movement out there as he is the biggest thing to hit the L.A. area since Kobe/Shaq and Linehart.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    How quickly the fans turn on their once favorite sons.

We're rooting for laundry! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WSD6Y2YWj4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post

Love yah Jeff, but don't bring Seinfeld into a baseball discussion! -9 points...