Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Albert Pujols to the Angels

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    It amazes me how Cardinal fans on TV and the internet are calling him greedy.
    He played for half his worth and never complained. The owners enjoyed the best player in baseball for a bargain price.
    In a world of players holding teams hostage Pujols was a breath of fresh air. He signed a contract and he honored it.
    The fact that he's always said he wanted to stay in St Louis is what gets to the Cardinal fans. I've heard multiple places that the Cards last offer was 9 yr/$210 mil + a performance based option for a 10th yr and Mo even said that this may not have even been there strongest offer, but Albert and his agent didn't go back to the Cards after they got the Angles offer - they just took it and ran. Plus, throw in the higher tax rate and cost of living in LA, and Albert really isn't making that much more than he would have had in St Louis. THAT is more of a reason why Cardinals fans are pissed. It's nothing less than a kick in the junk and spit in the face to the franchise and the fans.

halofan

Frustrated by Cards

Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly participated in Pujols' charity tournament Saturday. They had become friends over the years and Mattingly sensed something was awry in Pujols' relationship with the Cardinals' front office.
    "There was a frustration there," said Mattingly, who grew up a Cardinals' fan in Evansville, Ind. "You could just sense something was wrong. He was getting frustrated by it.
    "I hoped he would stay in St. Louis because he's such a legend there. He's like [Derek] Jeter and Cal [Ripken], but I also knew he would go where his heart would take him. People talk about the money, but I knew he would be following his heart."
    Pujols' frustration stemmed from two years of not being able to come to an agreement with the Cardinals on a long-term contract extension and sensing the team didn't view him as a priority. He helped the team to the World Series championship this season in the final year of an eight-year, $116 million deal.
    They made an offer in February worth about $195 million for nine years. Pujols, who wanted a 10-year deal, declined. They agreed to shut down negotiations until the season ended, but when free agency opened on Oct. 30, the Cardinals took the offer away and supplemented it with much shorter-term deals. Pujols, people said, almost felt as if the team was daring him to leave.

You can read the rest of article here

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...terstitialskip

Pujols turned down Marlins $275M, All because he wanted a no-trade clause. Pujols signed for less money to play for Angels. If, Cardinals fans are going to be mad, be mad at the GM & Cardinals front office.

Comes down to one word "Respect" and Pujols felt he didn't get that from the Cardinals front office. They dared him to leave and he did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    The fact that he's always said he wanted to stay in St Louis is what gets to the Cardinal fans. I've heard multiple places that the Cards last offer was 9 yr/$210 mil + a performance based option for a 10th yr and Mo even said that this may not have even been there strongest offer, but Albert and his agent didn't go back to the Cards after they got the Angles offer - they just took it and ran. Plus, throw in the higher tax rate and cost of living in LA, and Albert really isn't making that much more than he would have had in St Louis. THAT is more of a reason why Cardinals fans are pissed. It's nothing less than a kick in the junk and spit in the face to the franchise and the fans.
    He probably did want to stay in St. Louis. He just couldn't pass up 3 things.
    1. A buttload of money
    2. The ability to DH later in his career.
    3. Not having to see that lying, cheating, cant hit but .260 even with steroids, McGwire in the dugout every game.

Banned

Like I said, the cards enjoyed one of the best bargains in baseball for many years. They have no reason to complain.

He probably did want to stay in St. Louis. He just couldn't pass up 3 things.

3. Not having to see that lying, cheating, cant hit but .260 even with steroids, McGwire in the dugout every game.
    Do you have a reason why you said that about "Not having to see....McGwire in the dugout every game?

I have been on the field twice in the last 2 years with Mac and Pujols in a closed stadium while nobody was really looking so they didn't have to put on an act. I saw 2 buddies with mutual respect.

In this photo below, it was Pujols grabbing McGwire and gave him a bear hug and lifted him off of the ground:

Name:  mcgwire_pujols_2010.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  427.4 KB

In this photo, I think Pujols was tickling McGwire.

Name:  mcgwire_pujols_2010_2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  325.1 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Looks like Canseco wasn't the only one sticking it in McGwires Butt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Do you have a reason why you said that about "Not having to see....McGwire in the dugout every game?
    Just my opinion. I know i wouldn't want to be around McGwire on a regular bases. He is the face of what we teach little leaguers not to be.

Why?

Just my opinion. I know i wouldn't want to be around McGwire on a regular bases. He is the face of what we teach little leaguers not to be.

Why?
    Mark and I have talked a lot. My favorite talk was about how the HR chase got young kids to love baseball. Now he speaks out about PEDs.

I don't condone cheating and it sickens me but Mark apologized. Everyone can make their own decisions.

I think Mac is in the Top 3 hitting coaches in the Majors. His knowledge and preperation is top notch.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Well, thats your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Looks like Canseco wasn't the only one sticking it in McGwires Butt.
    I lol'd at this.