Totally shocked. I thought for sure it was to get the Cardinals to move and Albert would stay in St. Louis. Amazing fact on Pujols, he never made over $14.6 million in a season over his entire 11 year career with the Cardinals.

Most baseball players are overpaid for what they really do but in comparison to the rest of the league, Albert was one of the most underpaid players over his 11 year history compared to his WAR. I really don't blame him for leaving. At some point it has to be upsetting on why your own team won't pay you. In his last contract he gave the Cardinals a huge hometown discount.

With that said, only time will tell if this works out for the Angels on the field. Off the field and in the box office, this is as big as it gets!

My first call after hearing the news was to my friend who is a principal in Art of the Game which is the stadium store for the Angels who sells the game used.

Just think of the calls they will be getting for Pujols jerseys! I already put in my request for Albert's first jersey. Everyone else get in line!