Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Packers Stock

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Packers Stock

Its a for fun purchase not an investment. No other north American major league team sells stock and they rarely have stock sales. I am a huge NFL fan so to me its the best thing ever owning even a sliver of a team.

Re: Packers Stock

I bought a share as I regret not buying one in 1997. I have been hoping that they would offer again. In 1997, I thought it was the biggest scams going, and didn't buy.

For roughly 15 years, they have had special offers through the Packer Pro Shop - discounts, as well as the voting and meetings. When the Packers won the Superbowl, anyone could order a "fan" Superbowl ring, but Stockholders had additional styles and choices that they could order. This in addition to a pretty nice certificate that can be framed and displayed. Collecting is all about displaying a item and being proud of it. I own many helmets that I have spent thousands on, but I guarantee that this certificate will gain more interest and be a bigger conversation piece than any helmet that I own.

Being a Packer fan living in Michigan since the mid 80's, there are two questions that people ask: Do you own a cheesehead, and do you own stock in the team. Now I can proudly say "yes" - to one of their questions.